Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:11 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

I know I made empty promises on it before, but I am going to make another attempt at getting this done, but please keep in mind that I have other projects to work on, and it's obviously coming up to Christmas as well, so it won't always be easy - at the latest it should start next year, but I aim to get some of it done this year.

Reminder: This is basically "How I would have written Hollyoaks if I had been the showrunner during some point in 2015." I aim to do up to either 2016 or 2017, as best as I can (obviously I won't be able to cover ever episode - it will be basically a highlight of storylines, episodes, and scenes of each month, more or less (like June might have two or three pages, on the other hand it might have just one.)

Some of these storylines will be what I actually thought I would do when it actually was 2015, and are more focused on what was felt at the time, than what we know now. However, some things are what I have had time to think of in later years.

The following characters are the characters who would have still been characters when I would have taken over. Please say if you think I missed someone (May 2015 is the earliest I am likely to come in, I think.)

Tony Hutchinson
Diane O'Connor
Phoebe McQueen
Maxine Minniver
Joe Roscoe
Dylan Jenkins
Sinead O'Connor
Ziggy Roscoe
Celine McQueen
Trevor Royle
Sienna Blake
Theresa McQueen
Dr. Charles S'avage
Lockie Campbell
Patrick Blake
Ste Hay
Porsche McQueen
Ben Bradley
Tegan Lomax
Robbie Roscoe
Perry Lomax
Darren Osborne
Leela Lomax
Nancy Osborne
Cameron Campbell
Tom Cunningham
Nana McQueen (I think)
Jack Osborne
Pete Buchanan
Nico Blake
Jason Roscoe
Frankie Osborne
Kim Butterfield
Esther Bloom
Lindsey Butterfield
Reenie McQueen
Freddie Roscoe
Zack Loveday
Harry Thompson
Simone Loveday
John Paul McQueen
Louis Loveday
Dirk Savage
Cindy Cunningham
Cleo McQueen
Holly Cunningham
Scott Drinkwell
Mercedes McQueen
Grace Black
Myra McQueen

Also whatever kids and babies were around at that time. If a character was introduced after this, they are not part of my tenure (I am unsure about Mac, as he may have been introduced before I come in. Sorry to his fans if he doesn't appear.)

Storyline Page: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17484

News Updates: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17476 UPDATED 25:10:2020

Last edited by MJNSEIFER on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:44 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

This thread will be used as news updates for my fictional tenure, such as what to expect and information on characters. I have a few things to say to start the ball rolling, but I will try not to overuse this before I even start posting the actual storylines/episodes.

The storylines/episodes will have their own thread.

Keep an eye on the title of this thread to see what the latest information is.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:58 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

If all goes well, this and the following news update should be the last until after I actually start writing the storylines, which will have their own thread.

I have settled on 2015 to 2017 as the duration for my fictional tenure on Hollyoaks, though there is a chance it may slip back to ending in 2016, but I hope it to end in 2017. My storylines should start somewhere around Phoebe being hospitalised after Freddie and Lindsey's wedding, and the "guess the Glove Hand Killer's next victim" thing they did, but there will likely be implications that I came in earlier, and moved the existing storylines my way as best as I can, so Hollyoaks would be ready for my storylines (basically, just think of it like I actually took over as Showrunner/Producer in 2015.)

I will not be worrying too much if I am inaccurate about what was going on at the time (like if I suddenly forget a storyline was starting to go one way or something - this is what held me back from writing this last time.)

We shall see if this succeeds, but I hope to create something which is basically... well, Hollyoaks; I aim on giving it a feel of what the show was in the 2005-2006 and 2010-2012 eras, with some of the earlier and later eras thrown in (it will still feel like it is 2015-2017 as well), with my own flair.

Even if I don't succeed in the above, I aim to have fun creating.

Last edited by MJNSEIFER on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Within the months of May to August, this fanmade version of Hollyoaks of 2015 will undergo changes within its character line-up, leading to the axing of twelve characters. Please note that my decision to do this does not mean I hate any of the characters - they were mostly just characters who I felt at the time weren't going anywhere (when it actually was 2015) or needed to go for other reasons at the time, so if I had really taken over Hollyoaks in 2015, I would have written out these characters. If it helps, most of them have gone now anyway.

Only read the spoiler if you want to know who will be written out during my May to August storylines. Also, I hope you don't mind how I take it seriously (as though I really am "axing" these characters. :roll: )

Characters to face the axe in my fictional tenure, include Sinead O' Connor who will depart the show as her current storyline reaches its conclusion, while Phoebe McQueen will be written out due to a storyline already set in motion, albeit changed.
The entire Blake family will also be written out, resulting in the departure of Patrick Blake, Sienna Blake and Nico Blake.
On the darker side of the village, Pete Buchanan will be dramatically axed from the soap as the sins of his past catch up with him and Trevor Royale will have his role in the soap drastically reduced following gangland related storylines.
Meanwhile, Diane O'Connor will be written out as her relationship with Hollyoaks long-termer Tony Hutchinson draws to an end (Tony himself will remain on the show), and Maxine Minniver will also depart after the conclusion of her custody battle storyline.
Freddie Roscoe and Lindsey Butterfield will also face the axe, while Theresa McQueen will be written out, due to a shared storyline with the two.
Dylan Jenkins will also depart from Hollyoaks due to actor James Fletcher's decision to leave being taken into account during the original planning of this fictional tenure.
The departure of these characters will be balanced out with the arrival of various new characters, and the return of some old characters in addition to more storylines for remaining characters. Additionally, a storyline planned for November of 2015 will feature another group of characters being explosively written out.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:10 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I had to read the spoiler just to see who was exiting, looking forward to seeing how they all end up leaving.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:51 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Thank you. I'm really pleased to see you're interested in my storylines. :)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:32 am 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Fanmade 2015 isn't just about the departures, it's also about the arrivals (and the characters who are staying as well, of course), and we will be seeing the first four newcomers in the form of the Jameson family, during my version of June.

Gavin Jameson: An outgoing and friendly man who arrives in Hollyoaks, along with his wife Karen, son Matt, and daughter Amanda in order to open a new cocktail bar. He has worked as a bartender in his youth, and is ready to show potential employees the ropes.

Karen Jameson: A decent family person, who knows how to be stern when necessary. Karen gets a job as a teacher in Hollyoaks High School and her sternness is soon known by the students, but she is supportive of her family and her friends. She soon takes a disliking to one of Hollyoaks's most (in)famous families, however...

Matt Jameson: Matt himself may not arrive with an impact, but there will be an impact involved! His passion and talent for football makes him an ideal choice for a coaching job at Hollyoaks High School, but Matt will need to keep his strength up, as he soon finds himself torn between his own family and someone else...

Amanda Jameson: Amanda is very passionate about cars and mechanics and hopes to work in that field, rather than her dad's cocktail bar as planned. Amanda is someone who speaks her mind, and is prone to talking back to her family, but is also the first to defend them when it comes down to it.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:05 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

They all seem normal enough so far, HO needs some normal characters with no dark secrets haha.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Yeah, the real Hollyoaks needs to chill with giving everybody a secret or a "dark" backstory or whatever. It can be fun, it can be interesting, and I'm not saying I won't ever do it, but it's silly how every new character seems to be like that.

Thank you for responding.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:49 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

(Fanmade) 2015 continues to be the year of changes, as three new characters can now be announced. They have not been the first newcomers to arrive, and will not be the last either.

Malcolm Carter: A former associate of Trevor Royale, during their younger years. Malcolm, despite being betrayed and left to face prison by his old mate Trev, still managed to become a powerful and respected figure in the gangland world, some time after his release. He has been trying to get back in touch with Trevor for a while now, and upon tracking him down, offers a proposition that could spell success for the two of them, but has Malcolm really put Trevor's betrayal behind him?

Veronica Weston: Veronica is Malcolm's assistant, but there is far more to her than that. Beautiful but deadly, Veronica is calculating and manipulative, and is very good at persuading others to do what she wants them to do, especially if she finds that they have foolishly becoming attracted to her. Veronica is someone to be admired in terms of looks, but feared and avoided in every other sense - it doesn't matter if you're male or female, as long as you run the risk of being manipulated (either by attraction or by other means), you'll be the perfect target for her, and your life will never be the same again... however long it may be.

Jenson Hamilton: A student at Hollyoaks High School, who makes presence known by busking on school grounds. With a real flair for guitar playing, Jenson is set to bring some entertainment to his school and then some, if he can just find the right people to perform with. One student in particular catches his eye (and his ear), and soon a whole new world of opportunities is presented to her...

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION