Regular
Regular

What are your thoughts on his exit?

Happy or sad to see him go?

Post subject: Re: Goodbye Milo
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:39 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I liked him up until I found out he had killed Mr and Mrs C. Happy to see him go because of that. I think the actor is decent enough and I kind of wish he arrived with another back story rather than the one he had because he did make a good addition. I think his exit was ok but not sure if they would all have been so forgiving.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:57 pm 
Left for dead
Left for dead

It felt very rushed and unsatisfying

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:51 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Not seen his exit, but I might as well confess... I liked him to begin with, even when I found out his storyline. I was actually hoping that it would be played somewhat sympathetically because a) it was an accident he felt bad for, b) He was genuinely broken up about it and c) he had served time for it already, so there wasn't any point making him a villain.

I get that it's a weird subject, but they had a chance to show how manslaughter affects the person who did it as well, I'm not saying they deserve more sympathy than the family of who they killed, obviously, but this was a good chance to show someone who had made a fatal mistake that had cost the life of others, and was damaged by it in someway. It really did look like they were going to make Milo a sympathetic character, despite the fact he caused the death of at least one well liked character (I don't know how popular Mrs. C was), especially as he seemed really vulnerable when they first focused on him, or at least he was when I focused on him first. Even the thing about him convincing himself that he was destined to protect the Cunninghams made a weird level of sense to me at first, because I imagined that he probably spent his life looking up everything about them, so in his damaged mind he started to view them as part of his life, like he knew them personally (even if he didn't realise that his mind took it that way.)

I was disappointed that they just made him someone who randomly kept causing death by accident. I'm almost convinced that they looked on here and thought "Okay, turns out no one likes Milo. Let's abandon the big redemption story, and make him the villain people see him as, so they can justify hating him." The only thing stopping me is, if they had read this forum, they would have known that killing Dirk was not the way to go.

It's strange... I genuinely don't hate the character, I just think they should have planned him better.

Storyline Page: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17484

News Updates: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17476 UPDATED 25:10:2020

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:08 am 
Regular
Regular

As much as I liked Mrs C she probably wasn't as popular as Mr C as Mr C had lots of hilarious comedy storylines and Mrs C was more of a straight character. I think her affair with Tony was her best storyline...but she's still a Hollyoaks legend

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:34 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I really liked him, but he had gone over the edge and it seemed right for him to go the way he did. I'd have preferred his story went in a different direction, but it wasn't meant to be.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT