Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:47 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

Was previously posted on C4 forum

PART 1

A year had gone by and Lauren was still in hospital. It seemed that she had been in a coma forever and the hope of her re-gaining conscienceness was fading by the day. Newt was trying to re-build his life as best he could but Lauren was always at the back of his mind.

It was Sunday afternoon and Newt was getting ready to start 6th form tomorrow. He was in his room sorting out all the text books he would need when Frankie knocked on the door with a cup of tea. Newt nodded graciously at her but didn't say anything and continued to sort through his books. Frankie sat down meekly on the edge of the bed and watched Newt pacing back and forth with various school supplies. After a while she began to speak,
"I was thinking we could maybe go up to the hospital later to see Lauren."
What's the point, I was turned away last time I went up there, remember?" Newt closed his eyes and tried to close his mind to the memory. He couldn't stand remembering because it was the truth. Leo had shouted and screamed at Newt to get out because Lauren had ended up in hospital, yet again, because of him. And he was right. Newt sighed and opened his eyes to find Frankie staring at him, a look of concern in her eyes.
"Well, he might not be there."
"He's always there, he never leaves her side."
"Well maybe I can persuade him to let you have five minutes, how does that sound? I know that you really want to see her Newt, you can't hide that from me. I know it hurts you not to see her."
"Yeah OK then, I'll go." Newt really didn't want to go though. Frankie didn't understand. It wasn't the fact that he couldn't see Lauren which was hurting him so much, in fact it was the opposite. He hated going to see her, lying motionless on the bed, because it reminded him why she was there. It was his fault and he knew it and he couldn't bear the thought that he had done that to the one person he cared about most. Frankie left after a few more awkward moments when neither Newt nor herself had spoken. Newt shut the door behind him and burst into tears. He lay face down on the bed to muffle the sound of his sobs so that Frankie would not hear him and come running back. He didn't want ympathy. He didn't deserve it. He could hear people outside his room, talking, laughing. He wanted to join them but couldn't muster the strength to get up. He heard Frankie bustling about in her room, no doubt getting ready for the trip to the hospital. Frankie had been so kind to him when she had first heard about the accident, even when Newt confessed how it happened she stood by him. Leo had wanted to press charges against Newt and put a curfue on him so that he would never be able to go near Lauren again. But luckily the court had dropped all accusations against Newt when the hospital had made a statement saying that Newt hadn't taken his medication and that he had been un-fit at the time and therefore it was purely accident and natural under the circumstances that Newt had
reacted the way he did. Newt had to spend another three months in the phystriatric unit after that. He couldn't believe he had been that stupid, he hadn't realised just how strong his medication was. He always knew he was dangerous, he had even told Lauren to stay away from him because he didn't trust himself-Eli-and he didn't want to hurt her. But she hadn't listened she insisted that she loved him and that she trusted that she would never come to any harm because of him. He couldn't believe just how wrong she had been. Newt began to cry again at the thought of losing Lauren forever and had to fight to keep himself under control. He sank further down into the bed covers and curled up into a ball. He wanted everything to go back to normal, he wanted the pain to go away.

Leo lay sleeping on the sofa next to Lauren's bed. She still hadn't moved, there had been no changes in her condition for three whole months now. Calvin and Sasha only visited once every week now, they had began to give up hope and were trying to get their lives back on track. But Leo would never give up hope that Lauren would wake up. He had only been home once in two weeks to get clean clothes and some decent food. He was scared to leave Lauren in case she woke up and no one was there.

Frankie shouted Newt down to go to the hospital at 6 o'clock. Newt groaned and dragged himself out of bed. He ran into the bathroom and quickly washed his face and re-did his eyes in black to make sure that Frankie didn't become suspicious that he had been crying. Frankie was waiting in the kitchen.
"You ready to go?"
Newt sighed. "Yeah." Frankie took hold of Newt's hand and gave it a squeeze.
"You'll be fine. Lauren will be pleased to see you!"
"She won't even know I'm there."
"I'm sure she will." Frankie smiled reassuringly. The taxi was waiting outside for them and Newt climbed in the back. Frankie joined him. Newt looked out of the window. The day reflected just how he felt. It was cold, grey and raining. They sat in silence all the way to the hospital. Newt couldn't bear to think about Lauren so instead he concentrated hard on school and going to 6ht form. He let his mind wander until Frankie's voice brought back into the present.
"Newt, we're here. Lets go." Newt clambered out and waited outside in the rain whilst Frankie payed the taxi driver. Frankie took a deep breath and hugged Newt. "Everything's going to be OK, I promise. I'm going to be with you all the time unless you tell me otherwise."
"Thanks Frankie."
They walked towards the entrance and Frankie walked boadly up to the front desk while Newt held back. He heard her talking to the receptionist and his name and her name were mentioned once or twice before a kind nurse showed up and led them down the stark white corridors towards Lauren's room. Newt held his breath as the door opened and he saw Lauren standing beside Lauren. The nurse smiled at Newt and walked quickly back down the corridor. He followed Frankie into the room.
"What's he doing here?" Leo thundered. "I told him I didn't want him coming to see her!"
"I know but Leo, Newt's distraught. Please at least let him have five minutes, please." Frankie begged. Leo was softening.
"OK but five minutes only!" Leo glared at Newt and backed out the room, Frankie followed.
"I'll be right outside if you need me."
"Thanks Frankie." Newt smiled. She smiled back before closing the door. He was alone in the room with Lauren. He looked over at her. She was as motionless as ever. She looked so peaceful with the white bed linen draped over her and her brown, curly hair sprawled over the pillows. He walked over to her and gently kissed her on the cheek.
"I'm back, did you miss me?" Newt said gently. He picked up her hand and held it in his. A single tear dripped down his
cheek. He waited for a response but nothing happened. She stayed still. Newt stayed silently looking at her for what seemed like an eternity. He hoped that if he looked hard enough she would suddenly open her eyes or squeeze his hand. He wished it so hard that his head started to ache. He wanted her back so much.
"I'm going to start 6th form tomorrow." He laughed weakly. "Can you believe it, I'm so nervous Lauren, I wish you were going to be there with me. I had to get all my books ready today." Newt paused. He thought he had seen Lauren smile slightly as he said this. He knew he was seeing things. His mind was playing tricks with him again, he was wishing so hard for her to wake up that he was making it up to make himself better. Just then Leo walked back into the room, followed closely by Frankie.
Newt wiped his tears away with the back of his hand.
"You've had longer than five minutes. I want you to leave now."
"Can I please come and see her again tomorrow, after school, please?" Newt begged. The tears started to fall down his cheeks again. "Please?"
"OK fine, only for a bit." Leo tried to remain firm but he softened when he saw Newt's tear stained face and the look of longing in his eyes.
"Thankyou, I'll go now." Newt walked over to Frankie who gave him a reassuring hug and they retreated out the room.
"Are you OK?"
"I just want to go home." Newt sobbed.
"Don't worry." Frankie squeezed his shoulders tight and led him back outside to where the taxi was waiting to take them home.

That night Newt prayed and prayed that Lauren was going to be alright. He tried to get to sleep ready for his first day back at school but Lauren kept creeping back into his head. He remembered of all the times Lauren had been there for him, helped him out at school, at home. And now, when she needed him most, when she was lying motionless on a hospital bed, he was helpless.

xx

I hope you like it, if people like it then I will continue

xx

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:41 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Ooo great job, I enjoyed reading it. Hopefully enough people will so you can post part 2 :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:48 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

Awesome! I'm hooked already, please continue. xD

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:51 pm 
Secret Kiss
Secret Kiss

Great :upup:

Hollyoaks Later Bootstamper all over mings face #2
Sarah: 'Zoe it's you, it'll always be you' :(
http://twitter.com/zoelisterfans

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:35 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

We want more, we want more :twisted: :mrgreen: :up:

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

Thanks for the comments guys! Glad you liked it :D

(PART 2)

Newt swallowed as he stood at the school gates. He couldn't stop wishing how Lauren should be standing at his side, ready to face their first day together. Newt marched into school and looked around for Anita and Theresa. They were sitting in their usual spot, chatting and laughing as if nothing was wrong.
"Hey!" Newt said as he approached them. He tried to sound happy as he talked but his voice just sounded awkward and strained. Anita and Theresa looked at him strangly.
"You OK?" Theresa raised her eyebrows as he sat down next to them. Anita looked at him concerned. He sighed in exasperation, he expected things to be awkward between them as he hadn't spoken to either Anita or Theresa since the accident, but this was painful! They all sat in silence, both Theresa and Anita staring worridly at Newt.
"How's Lauren?" Anita finally asked shepishly.
"She still hasn't woken up." Newt said sadly. He felt a lump rise in his throat and he swallowed hard. They sat in silence once again, Newt looking at his feet and feeling very self-conscience as he felt the girls' eyes on him. It was almost a relief when the bell went to signal the start of their first lesson. All three jumped up and went their separate ways, glad to get away. Newt walked quickly to his locker to get his books before heading off to his class and stopped momentarily outside Lauren's locker which was next to his. It was such an insignificant, little thing but to Newt it seemed to be even more poinient to the fact that Lauren was not there by his side. Before the tears had a chance to fall down his face, Gov Roy walked up next to Newt.
"Shouldn't you be in class by now?" He said in his half mocking, arrogant kind of way. Newt swallowed.
"Yes, I was just going." Newt started to walk towards the door to his class but Mr Roy called him back.
"Newt, I just wanted to say, I know you and Lauren were close and I understand that it must be very hard for you being here, without her. If you ever need a quiet word you can always come and find me. Just don't keep all your emotions to yourself OK? Sometimes it's good to talk." Mr Roy patted him lightly on the back and pushed him gently in the direction of the classroom. Newt smiled gratefully and, walking through the door, mumbled his apologies to the teacher for being late and when to sit by the window.

The rest of the school day went by in the same fashion. Newt was late for several of his lessons because his mind had wandered back to the hospital and Lauren. He had sat with Anita and Theresa at lunch who seemed to have got over the initial shock that Newt was actually talking to them once again and were in a more friendly mood. When the final bell went for the end of school, Newt raced to his locker, scooped up the books he would need for the evening's load of homework and ran out of the school gates. He rushed up to the flat where Frankie was cooking in the kitchen, threw down his rucksack and rushed to his room to get changed. After a quick change he raced back downstairs and unloaded his rucksack of school books onto the kitchen table.
"Newt, will you be OK to take the bus to the hospital. I have to look after Holly, Tom and Charlie tonight."
"Yeah that's fine, I'm going to go now." Newt kissed Frankie lightly on the cheek before he left. He felt slightly guilty leaving her to look after two unruly kids and a baby by herself but he was desperate to see Lauren. He waited impatiently for half an hour for the bus to arrive to take him out of hollyoaks and towards the hospital. Newt's confidence started to fade as he approached the hospital. Leo was, with no doubt, going to be there and now there was no Frankie to back him up. Leo had always scared Newt and he didn't particually like having to face him. Newt gingerly got off the bus and, remembering Frankie's footsteps the other day, he walked up to the front desk where a severe looking receptionist looked down at him.
"Umm...can I see Lauren Valentine please, I think she's in Ward 13."
"Are you family?"
"Umm...no, I'm her friend...her boyfriend. I came to see her yesturday and was told that I could come back today." The receptionist turned her back on Newt and started to flick through some files. Newt shuffled his feet nervously. He started to regret coming, maybe he could just make a run for it while she wasn't looking. But before he could look for a way to escape she turned back to face him.
"Yes, she's in Ward 13. If you turn left at the end of the corridor." She waved in the direction he was supposed to go before turning her back on him once more and flicked thorugh some more files. Newt muttered his thanks and shuffled down the corridor. He breathed deeply as he got closer to Lauren's room-and Leo. Newt knocked boadly on the door and opened it. Leo wasn't there. He breathed a sigh of relief, he must have taken a quick trip home. Newt closed the door and went to sit on the wooden chair beside Lauren's bed. She was still the same as before, her hair sprawled out over the pillows and her hands hung loosely by her side. Newt took hold of her hand and began to stroke her arm gently.
"I braved school today, it wasn't the same without you though." Tears began to fill his eyes and his voice broke as he spoke but he let his tears fall. "Theresa and Anita were shocked to see me," he laughed quietly as he remembered, "They were OK though, the only company I've had for a while now." More tears began to fall down his cheeks and he stroked Lauren's hand as he cried. "Hey! You'll never guess what, Mr Roy actually offered to help me! He told me I could talk to him anytime I wanted, about anything! How weird is that!" Newt laughed through his sobs. "He dosen't understand though, he can never understand me. Your the only one who can, please Lauren I need you back!" He kissed her hand and broke down into a fresh wave of tears. Newt clung tighter on Lauren's hand as if he was scared that she would be taken away from him. He buried his face in his in
the bed and sobbed his heart out. He didn't notice Leo walk in and go to stand next to him. He only looked up when he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up into Leo's face.
"She can hear you, you know." Leo smiled warmly. Newt didn't say anything but sniffed and looked back at Lauren. He hoped that was true. Leo pulled up a chair beside Newt.
"I hope you don't mind that I came to see her." Newt said, trying to wipe away his tears.
"No its fine. Look Newt, I was a bit harsh on you the other day...the other time you came to visit. I know Lauren would want you to visit her so I just want to say that you can come visit whenever you wish. I mean, I'm still angry but I understand that you really weren't to blame. You weren't in control at the time."
"Thanks Leo. I promise it will never happen again. I really do care about her."
"I know you do, I realise that now." Leo smiled and Newt smiled back at her. They seemed to share a mutual understanding. They sat quietly for some time, both looking at Lauren as she lay. Newt smiled. Even when she was in a coma she looked so peaceful, so beautiful. He was so proud of her, to call her HIS.
"I better go home now, Frankie is looking after Charlie, Holly and Tom all by herself." Newt got up to leave.
"Oh well you had better go help her out then!" Leo laughed. Newt stroked Lauren's hair and kissed her lightly on the cheek.
"Bye Lauren, I'll be back tomorrow." Newt nodded at Leo before leaving. He couldn't help smiling even though his girlfriend was ill in hospital. He had finally come to some sort of odd understanding between him and Leo. He knew Lauren would be happy that they had put their differences aside. Newt caught the bus home and sat quietly, thinking happy thoughts about him and Lauren. Things almost seemed perfect today.

When he arrived home Frankie, Tom and Holly were sitting watching Finding Nemo. Charlie was asleep in his cot. Newt joined them on the sofa and watched the rest of the film, glad to be home again. When the film had finished, Frankie made sure Holly and Tom were in bed and asleep before joining Newt back in the kitchen.
"How was Lauren?"
"The same as ever," Newt sighed, " But Leo said that he doesn't mind me going to see Lauren again. In fact he said that I can go see her anytime I want and he said that he no longer blamed me."
"Well that's good!" Frankie smiled. She looked exhausted. "If you don't mind I'm going to bed." Frankie got up and went upstairs. Newt smiled to himself. Everything had gone so well today. He had a feeling that everything was going to be OK after all.

xx

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:28 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Great work once again...I can't wait for the next bit! :D

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:33 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

Thanks for the comment Hollyoaks Fan :)

PART 3

The weekend came all to quickly for Newt. He had enjoyed the distraction of school to take his mind off of things back home. He had been to see Lauren everyday that week to tell her about his day and let out his feelings. She still hadn't changed. It was 9am on a Saturday morning. Newt didn't know what to do with himself, the flat was empty and everything was so quiet. He went downstairs to find that Frankie had set up breakfast for him on a tray on the kitchen table. Newt smiled to himself, even when she wasn't there she knew how to put a smile on his face. He ate his breakfast quickly and watched some rubbish morning television. He got dressed and cleaned the kitchen so that Frankie would be able to relax when she got back. He pulled on his converses and walked out the flat. He passed Lauren's house on his way and out of habit he looked through the window to see if Lauren was there. BUt of course she wasn't. He carried on walking and sat at MOBS watching the world go by. Teasr welled up in his eyes once more as he remembered what Lauren would say if she was here. He just wanted things to be the same as they were before. He didn't know what to do with himself. Visitng hours at the hospital were limited and he wasn't able to see Lauren till 1 o'clock. It was still only 9:30.

Leo woke up and sat up on the lumpy sofa. His back was stiff and he hadn't slept well. He was exhausted but he wasn't going to leave Lauren's side. He looked up at her and smiled. He often pretended that she was just sleeping, that she would wake up soon, that way it didn't hurt so much. He tried to pretend that he wasn't sitting in a pristine, white hospital ward but they were back home in Lauren's room. He stroked Lauren's hair and kissed her hand. "Morning lil bit, I'll be back soon." Leo got up and walked out of the ward. He went to the vending machine and got a luke warm coffee to try and wake himself up and went to the cafeteria and got himself a half-decent fry up. He ate quickly, he couldn't help himslef. He knew it was unlikely that Lauren would wake up while he was away but he couldn't take that chance. He pratically ran back to Lauren's ward. He did this every morning but he couldn't shake off the feeling that she had woken up, but he was always disappointed. She was the same Lauren that had been lying there for the past year. Leo sighed in exasperation. Why wouldn't she wake up? The nurses had said that her condition was improving, if that was the case then why wasn't she waking up? It didn't make sense. Leo sat by her bedside for the rest of the morning. He kept nodding off when tiredness overwhelmed him but most of the time he sat bolt upright on the chair, holding Lauren's hand and talking to her softly about what she had missed.

Newt was still sitting in MOBS at 11:30. He didn't really feel like getting up so he just stayed there, watching people pass him by and trying to think of happier times. Anita walked past a little while later and seeing Newt she sat down next to him.
"You OK?"
"Yeah, I quess." Newt croaked. His voice was so sore from crying.
"You going to see Lauren later?"
"Yeah in a bit."
"Do you mind if I come with you? I mean, I know we haven't been the best of mates but I really want to see her...I mean..."
"Yeah it's fine." Newt smiled. "Thanks, I could do with the company." Newt laughed weakily. Anita smiled back at him.

They caught the bus and Newt noticed how tense Anita seemed as the bus drove them out of Hollyoaks. He took her hand and squeezed it tight.
"It's going to be OK you know." Anita meerly smiled at him and carried on staring out the window. Newt let go of Anita's hand and sat in silence until they reached the hospital.
"Where do we go?" Anita asked, slightly bewildered.
"Just follow me." Newt went through the same precedure he had done so many times now. He walked down the corridor to Ward 13, Anita following nervously behind him. Leo was waiting in his usual chair but got up when he saw Newt walk in.
"I hope you don't mind, Anita wanted to see Lauren."
"Yeah that's fine, I'll give you some time alone." Leo smiled slightly as he left. Anita couldn't belive just how tired he looked. She saw Lauren lying motionless on the bed. Newt walked over to her and kissed her on the head.
"You've got another visitor!" He smiled up at Anita. She felt really awkward just standing there. She didn't really know what say, after all it was doubtfull that Lauren actually knew what was going on around her.
"Can she hear you?" Anita asked doubtfully.
"I like to think so, it takes the pain away." Newt smiled weakly and sat down on the chair. Anita walked around to the other side of Lauren's bed. She didn't know what to say, and she felt awkward as she felt Newt's eyes on her. So instead she stayed quiet and just watched Lauren breathing slowly. Newt carried on talking quietly to her about his day. Anita smiled faintly, he was so caring, so loving. Anita's phone beeped just as she sat down on the sofa, Newt looked up at her.
"Mum wants me to go home, sorry."
"Its OK, do you want me to come with you?"
"No you stay here, I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" Newt nodded. Anita left the room and Newt smiled. He was glad to have some company again, someone to talk to who would respond to him. He sighed sadly.
"Are you glad that Anita came to see you?" Newt asked, looking back at Lauren and continuing to stroke her hand. He thought out her response in his head and laughed to himself. He knew he was being stupid but he didn't care. Leo walked in at that moment.
"Newt would you like some lunch?"
"Yeah why not." He turned back to Lauren, "I'll be back soon." He kissed her hand and followed Newt out of the ward. They walked in silence down the corridor towards the cafeteria. It was buzzing with all sorts of different people, both patients and visitors and seemed to be a whole world away from the quiet ward at the back of the hospital where Lauren lay. Newt went and sat down at the nearest table while Leo went up to the counter and ordered for them both. He carried the plates of food back over to where Newt was sitting. Newt didn't realise just how hungry he was until now. He ate quickly and silently where as Leo ate more slowly and monotously. Leo sighed,
"How was Anita?"
"She was alright, I think she felt a bit awkward." Leo nodded understandably, "She was glad to see her though, I'm sure Lauren was glad to have someone other than me come to visit her." Newt laughed in relief. Leo smiled but his eyes were brimming with tears.
"If Lauren wakes up can you promise me that you'll take good care of her," Leo voiced his concerns, "I'm going to go back home, I'm so tired Newt and I need to get out of this place. It's too depressing." Leo's voice cracked as he spoke.
"WHEN Lauren wakes up I promise I'll take good care of her. If your worried about Lauren being on her own I can always stay here, I was kind of hoping I could stay anyway. I don't really fancy going home anyway."
"Well if your sure Frankie won't mind..."
"I'll ring her but I'm sure she won't mind. Newt smiled. Leo pratically beamed. They finished their meal in silence and Newt texted Frankie.

'Going to stay at the hospital tonight. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. N x'

Before he had even put his phone away, his phone beeped.

'OK, hope Lauren's alright. XX'

Newt smiled. He loved Frankie more than aything, she was so understanding and didn't try to get in his way. Leo smiled as he brought back some cake.
"My treat, my way of saying thankyou for visiting Lauren so much." Newt smiled gratefully.
"Frankie says it OK to stay here."
"Good, I didn't really fancy leaving her here on her own."

Back in her ward, Lauren stirred slightly in her sleep.

xx

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:42 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

PART 4

That night Newt slept on the lumpy sofa which had become Leo's bed for the past year. He didn't know how Leo had coped being in the hospital for so long with nothing to do. The old television set which was hanging on a rusty TV bracket on the wall, was so old that it still gave a black and white picture and the signal wasn't very good anyway. There were a few rubbish looking comics in the corner of the room which Newt didn't even bother to look at. He looked at the clock hanging above Lauren's bed which read 11:00pm. The hospital was silent, all visitors had gone home and patients were sleeping in their room. Newt didn't feel sleepy so he grabbed his coat and snuck out of the ward and down the corridor. The cafeteria was empty and the one row of little shops in the visitors centre was all shut up too. Newt headed down to the end of the corridor where there were a few vending machines next to some seats. He rifled around his pockets for some loose change and got a cup of hot chocolate and some sweets before heading back down the corridor. He noticed a stack of magazines in the waiting room off to his left and grabbed a couple of them to read once he got back to Lauren's room. He sat back down on the lumpy sofa and flicked through the magazines, unfortunately most of them seemed to be full of gardening tips so he gave up on them. He was so annoyed with himself for having forgotten his iPod. After drinking his hot chocolate he gave in and tried to sleep.

Back in her room Anita lay down on her bed dreaming of her day spent with Newt. It hadn't been the ideal scenario, after all they had been visiting a lifeless Lauren in hospital. But it had been a day with Newt even still. He had held her hand on the bus and had talked comforting words to her. Her feelings for him which she thought she had overcome had started to rise back up inside her and she had a hard time trying to control what she said to him so as not to embarass herself. She picked up her phone and considered texting him but decided against it. She sighed and rolled over, putting her phone back on the table. Reluctuntly she turned out the light and snuggled further down inside the covers, dreaming about Newt.

Leo was still watching TV at 11:30 and having a late night snack. He had come home to sleep but was not able to. He still couldn't get the idea out of his head that Lauren would wake up when he wasn't there. After a while contemplating whether to go to bed or not he decided to call Newt. He needed some reassurance that Lauren was alright before he could sleep. He waited impatiently as the phone ringed in his ear.
Newt rolled over and grabbed his phone. He looked at the screen seeing that it said 'Lauren Home' quessed it would be Leo calling so pressed the Accept button and put the phone to his ear.
"Newt! Is Lauren OK?" Leo's anxious voice ringed out.
"Yeah she's fine, I thought you were supposed to be getting some rest!"
"Yeah I'm going now, I just needed to be reassured that she was OK, sorry if I woke you. Bye and thankyou." The phone clicked off and Newt shut his phone off. He didn't want to be disturbed again as he felt so tired. He closed his eyes and began to think of what tomorrow might bring.

The next morning Newt stirred slightly as he heard someone walking down the corridor whistling. He opened his eyes slowly so as to adjust to the morning light. He looked over at Lauren as always and got up to go get some food. He walked out the ward to find the hospital was alive with people once again. Visitors were already bustling in and out of rooms, finding their friends and relatives, some were being wheeled out in wheelchairs to a small patio at the back of the hospital, others were still in their dressing gowns bustling in the shops getting some suplies for the day. Newt hurried down to the cafeteria to ensure he got a good table near the window where he could look out at the outside world. A kind waitress brought over a huge fryup which he ate hurridly, he was so hungry. He even ordered more toast and eggs afterwards and had several cups of coffee to keep him alert. In some ways he didn't want to go back to Lauren, he enjoyed the noise of the cafeteria instead of the awful silence of the ward. He sat staring out the window for quite some time watching people arrive with flowers and gifts and people leaving with their relatives, glad to be going home.
"Newt?" A familiar voice made Newt turn around to see Anita standing up at him. He smiled.
"Hey, what are you doing here?"
"I wanted to see you and Frankie told me you stayed here last night so I caught the bus in. Can I sit down?"
"Yeah sure." Anita pulled a chair out and sat down opposite Newt. She took her coat off and hung it on the back of her chair. She hadn't straightened her hair today and it fell down in long waves, her earings sparkling slightly as they caught the light.
"So how was your evening?"
"Boring, there's nothing to do in this place!"
"Are you going home anytime soon?"
"Yeah when Leo gets back, he's probably having a lie in." Anita nodded understandably. There was silence between them and Newt continued to stare out the window. Anita got up and walked over to the counter, selecting her breakfast. She came back to the table and ate quietly, throwing slight glances at Newt. Anita pulled a face as she ate a fatty bit of bacon. Newt laughed.
"Not the best food in the world is it? When Leo gets back we can go home and get a proper breakfast yeah?"
"Sounds good to me." Anita smiled pushing the plate away from her and pulled out Newt's iPod. "Frankie gave it to me to give to you."
"Thanks!" Newt smiled enthusiastically putting a headphone into his ear and handing the other one to Anita. She took it gratefully and Newt started to play some strange rock band music that Anita had never heard of. She enjoyed it even still and didn't mention the fact to Newt that she had no idea who they were. They sat in the cafeteria for ages listening to Newt's iPod as neither of them wanted to retreat back to the quiet ward where Lauren lay.

Leo arrived at the hospital at 10:00 to find Newt and Anita sitting in the corner of the cafeteria staring out the window and talking quietly to one another. He walked over to them quietly both startling them and sat down next to them.
"Alright Newt, Anita. How's Lauren?"
"Yeah she's OK, no changes but she hasn't got any worse." Newt reassured him.
"Well thanks for staying last night, you can get off now if you want, have a bit of fun."
"Thanks." Newt smiled and grabbed his coat and Anita followed. They put there trays with the remainder of their food on a rack next to the counter and headed out the door into the warm sunshine that radiated down on them. The sky was blue and there was a warm summer breeze in the air. They sat at the bus stop chatting away, waiting to be taken back to Hollyoaks Village. When they were on the bus Newt's phone buzzed in his pocket. It was from Frankie.

'Did Anita found you OK? Where r u? XX'

He sent her a quick reply to let her know everything was OK and returned his phone to his pocket.
"I'm going to have to go home first and see Frankie, let her know everything's OK."
"OK." Anita smiled vaguely.
"How I meet up with you in half an hour at MOBS?" He suggested as the bus pulled in to the village.
"Yeah alright then, I'll see you then." She hopped off the bus and went in the direction of her house while Newt went the other way, up the concrete steps back to Steph's house. He let himself in and found Frankie sitting at the breakfast bar reading a magazine and having a drink. Newt joined her at the bar.
"Thanks for sending my iPod via Anita, can't believe I forgot it, I was close to tears I was so bored!" Frankie laughed.
"I take it there was nothing to do then?"
"Nothing, all the magazines they had were about gardening and the TV was so old and had no signal!"
"Oh dear!" Frankie chuckled. "So Lauren's alright then?"
"Yeah, Leo has taken over again and I'm going to meet Anita at MOBS in a little while."
"Well that's good because I have to go out anyway, just popped back for a quick break." She hopped down off her stool and put her mug in the sink to wash up later and pulled out a packet of biscuits from the cupboard.
"I bet your starving." She said happily, handing the packet to Newt. He took four delightedly and dipped them into his coffee which Frankie had kindly made for him on his return. She flicked through her magazine and once Newt was finished eating, she cleaned away his mug and grabbed her coat.
"Well I'll be off then, go have fun with Anita and try not to think about Lauren too much OK?"
"Yeah OK." Frankie walked out the door and Newt texted Anita.

'I'll c u in 5. N x'

Her reply was almost immediate.

'OK c u there. A xox'

He smiled shoving his phone in his pocket and grabbing his leather jacket from the hook behind the door. He grabbed his keys off the side table and shut the door behind him. Anita was already sitting outside MOBS when he got there. She had changed out of her trousers and top into a summery dress and leggings with white ballet pumps. Her hair blew slightly in the breeze and Newt couldn't help but grin when he saw her. She jumped up as he approached.
"Would you like a smoothie?" She asked keenly.
"Yeah OK then." Newt sat down at the table and Anita bounded up to the counter where Cindy was waiting to take orders. She raised her eyebrows at Anita as she ordered for herself and Newt and as Anita turned back to where Newt was sitting, Cindy grinned mockingly before going back to reading her OK magazine. Anita handed him his berry smoothie and they sat out in the sun talking about anything but both avoiding the topic of Lauren. After they finished their drinks they walked aimlessly around the village talking and laughing and enjoying the day out together. Newt couldn't be happier. He had completely forgotten about Lauren he was having that much fun with Anita and the time passed them by.

It was 7:00 when Newt finally got home. Frankie still hadn't returned from wherever she had gone and neither had Steph. Tom was sleeping over at a friends for the night which left just Cindy and Holly in the flat. Cindy was lolled over the sofa painting her nails and re-doing her makeup, obviously getting ready for a night out and Holly was sitting on the floor playing on the X-box. Newt threw down his keys and hurried up to his room, he didn't really feel like making conversation with either of them so instead shut his door and grabbed his sketch book. He flicked it open where there were many drawings of him and Lauren as anime characters, some of Eli when he had been sent back to hospital, and another, more recent one of Lauren lying in a white room, her eyes closed and her hair flowing behind her. He had drawn her like an angel, also wearing a white dress but the dress had black ivy running up and encircling her. She looked so peaceful and distant. Newt flicked the page over quickly and decided to draw one of Anita and himself in anime as well. He decided to miss out Lauren as he didn't want another reminder of her looking angel like and dead to the world. Once he had finished his drawing he closed the book and lay on his back, thinking of the day he had just spent. It had seemed so much normal for once and he felt happy to be back to his normal self. In that moment he decided that tomorrow he would not go and see Lauren, he wouldn't travel up to the hospital tomorrow. Instead he texted Anita.

'C u tomorrow. N x'

xx

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:56 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Another great episode :upup: Keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION