Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Hello everyone.

I don't know if anyone would be interested in this or not, but during 2015 I started thinking to myself what I would do if I suddenly became the show runner of Hollyoaks; basically what storylines I'd do, which characters I'd introduce, which ones I'd keep and which ones I'd write out, how I'd handle the current storylines, that sort of thing.

Obviously I never did anything with it, and obviously it's not 2015 anymore, but I may actually still write outlines of what my storylines would have been if I had somehow taken over Hollyoaks during that time (which I am aware would never have happened).

The time my storylines start would be around the time of the Gloved Hand Killer storyline, close to when the viewers had to find the diary pages in real life and find out the next victim. Certain storylines, including the Gloved Hand Killer storyline will be different, as well as different characters being around at certain times, and of course there will be storylines that didn't exist in 2015 as well.

The only thing is, certain characters introduced at a certain time may not appear, or they may just be added later on, and some characters who are still in the show now will be written out during my storylines, as well as some characters who are now no longer in the show being kept in for them. Additionally, some characters who did get written out will have different exits.

Storyline Page: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17484

News Updates: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17476 UPDATED 25:10:2020

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

So... no one's interested?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:13 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Hopefully kill off some more of the weak characters Lindsey missed along the way lol.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:39 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Assuming the Gloved Hand Killer is the same character it was in the show... :wink:

Thank you for responding, I may still attempt this at some point.

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:02 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I'd like to see your ideas.
I think most of us have made up new character ideas in our heads. Years back I had the idea for Myra to have a trashy sister show up with a bunch of kids - which it just occurs to me that Goldie is basically a younger more shrill version of the character I had in mind.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:06 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

I'm glad to see that people are getting interested in this. I am actually starting to get my inspiration back, so I may attempt this soon.

As I said before, my fictional tenure for Hollyoaks would have started during the Gloved Hand Killer diary pages storyline, meaning that I would have come in between May 16th 2015 (the beginning of the week that heat magazine displayed on of the diary pages) and June 16th 2015 (Phoebe's death). At this moment in time, I am leaning towards the idea of my first Hollyoaks episode airing on June 10th 2015 (it would have been a nice birthday present to myself, if nothing else), but I will have to try and find out exactly when things were happening, so I know what was happening when I came in.

Because my fictional tenure will at the very least go from the remainder of 2015 to the end of 2016, it is highly unlikely that I will be able to write every single episode here for you all to read, but will more likely give you a guide of what storylines were happening during each month or something (though some storylines may have more detail than others).

The characters who have since been written out in real Hollyoaks, but will still exist during my fictional tenure (but may still be written out by me) are as follows;

Phoebe McQueen
Joe Roscoe
Dylan Jenkins
Sinead O'Connor
Ziggy Roscoe
Celine McQueen
Trevor Royle
Theresa McQueen
Dr. Charles S'avage
Lockie Campbell
Patrick Blake
Porsche McQueen
Ben Bradley
Robbie Roscoe
Cameron Campbell
Pete Buchanan
Nico Blake
Jason Roscoe
Lindsey Butterfield
Reenie McQueen
Freddie Roscoe
John Paul McQueen

That appears to be all of them, unless I've missed some. I have not listed baby and child characters, or non-main characters (though they will be taken into consideration), nor have I included characters who were brought back, and then written out.

Characters who were introduced after my fictional tenure would have started, and therefore are unlikely to be part of my storylines (as I would like to focus on my own new characters, as well as whichever of the then current canon Hollyoaks characters are kept) are as follows;

Sonia Albright
Joanne Cardsley
Sally St. Claire
Lisa Loveday
Jade Albright
Liam Donovan
Ryan Knight
Courtney Campbell
Jesse Donovan
Nick Savage
Goldie McQueen
Diego Salvador Martinez Hernandez De La Cruz (what a name!)
Rachel Hardy
Neeta Kaur
The Nightingale Family (though they may have to be addressed, as Mac has already appeared - I am aware that Rachel and Neeta are connected to this family)
Adam Donovan
Prince McQueen
Lily Drinkwell
Darcy Wilde
Hunter McQueen
Yasmine Maalik

Once again, baby and child character have not been listed, and nor have non-main characters, or past characters who have returned.

There will be various things to workout, when I start writing my storylines, mostly what was going on before my storylines start, which is easier said than done, as while I do have sites like Wikipedia to work from, they won't always show the exact date a storyline happened (I am sure that real Hollyoaks showrunners are given details on what has been going on before they arrived, so they at least know where to start). I will also have to look at ways to set my storylines into motion, and work out which storylines already started will have to be dropped (if any) in favor of them.

Side note: I have recently learned that it was Porsche who caused Diane to be hospitalised during the Gloved Hand Killer storyline (which predates my fictional tenure) - this makes a particular storyline I had in mind less believable, but I will try to find ways around it (but if worse comes to worse, I'm pretty sure reall Hollyoaks showrunners have made characters convinently "forget" previous storylines, right?)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:55 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Sounds good, looking at the list it is shocking to see how many characters have left/died.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:37 am 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Thanks, and yeah, it was actually surprising to see how many had gone.

I'll make a start on this soon, by which I mean I start making notes of what I'm actually doing. Hope to get something on here soon, thanks for taking an interest.

EDIT: Looks like my episodes will start on June 8th, not June 10th.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:05 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Sorry if I'm not allowed to double post (but then, when write the actual episodes, that may be unavoidable), but as an update, I am actually writing notes now - it is not the version that will be posted here, but basically notes about storylines and characters as well as what happens when, like a guide for me.

The point is, the process has begun. :jig:

Side note: While I do hope you enjoy my storylines, there is something in the early episodes that I know will disappoint a lot of you, but bare with me on this decision, because something is planned for later on.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:36 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Hmm...intriguing. Starting to wonder who will be killed off somehow haha :haha:

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION