Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:47 pm 
Garden in bloom
Garden in bloom

Sorry long post coming up:

Hello everyone, you may remember that last year, I said I planned on writing a fanmade version of Hollyoaks of 2015 from a point up to the end of 2016 at least, but it is now 2018 and I still didn't get it done. This is due, of course in places due to real life, and my other projects (the ones that actually are real-time and can be actually broadcast/published one day), but also (more than anything) due to procrastination and some uncertainties over the what I'm actually doing.

I do still want to do this fictional tennure of Hollyoaks and I do hope that people (who still remember) are still interested, and if you are, I'm sorry for taking this long to get things together. Basically, I am unsure about certain things, and I need to know various things in order to make my storylines work, and know what needs changing to make my storylines work.

Basically, I am trying to make it seem as close as possible to a ficitonal tennure of being a Show Runner/Series Producer of Hollyoaks, as in what it would have been like if I had actually become that during 2015, as you may already know.

I am still unsure exactly when my episodes are supposed to have started, but it seems like June of 2015 is the most likely. The last decision was that it was June 8th, but there's a chance it could be earlier, though there is also a chance that some things would be altered in earlier episodes could semi-altered as well, even though I'm not supposed to be running the show yet, right? I mean, when a real Series Producer is in line to take over, they are able to ask the current one to steer the episodes towards where it would benifit their storylines, aren't they? Or should I have it be something like, I take over in May of 2015, but they aren't officially my episodes until June, but I still have some control over May? Or am I over thinking it, and shall I just say that my episodes start in June, and leave you to assume when my fictional tennure actually started? I am toying with making it so that at least one June storyline ends up happening in May, so things can make more sense

There are other things I need to be sure of as well, and I know I can look them up, and I will try to (but if you know any of the answers yourselves, please feel free to say, as it will be helpful to me).

I need to know what businesses were running from at least May of 2015 in Hollyoaks and which characters were involved in them. Did the Osbornes still have the Dog at this point? I'm pretty sure Darren still had the taxi firm, yes?

I was inititally unsure if Cameron and Celine were a couple during this era of Hollyoaks, but looking at Wikipedia there is a chance that they weren't, but may have been moving this way. There was a storyline with a minor character named Josh, who can probably be easily written out for that reason, which involved Cameron saying he was Celine's boyfriend but I don't know if that is true or not. The storyline I have planned relies on them not being together, but I don't know if I actually need to break them up or not.

I'll need to check exactly when I am supposed to "start" my fictional tennure, but I am unsure what to do about Mac if he already exits, which I think he does. Nothing against Mac or any of the Nightingales, but they ulitimately don't fit into my storylines, so if Mac is used in my episodes, he most likely won't be a major character, or the Mac that you know (sorry, I know he was a liked character, but at least my tennure was fictional.) It is worth noting that one of the fan made families that I plan on introducing is headed by a divorcee mother, and the divorce is implied to have ended badly - it is possible, as this is fanon and not canon, that I could say that Mac was also married to her at one point, as the father of her (late teenage) son and daughter, but in order to do that, I would have to say that she kept her own name, if "Nightingale" was already released as Mac's surname (it could even be revealed that Mac still has his own family elsewhere). Or should I just leave Mac alone, and have Cindy's storyline about being married once be an unresolved storyline.

Speaking of unresolved storylines, there is a chance that Diane and Tegan's baby swap storyline will be even less resolved, due to the direction of the characters, but I'll see what happens. The show didn't really know what it was doing here it seems, and I have even less of an idea.

I need to check if Uncle Ken's surname was ever revealed - Uncle Ken is the uncle that Robbie lied about. He was not a Roscoe, and I have read that he was apparently married to Sandy's sister, so he won't even share her maiden name, either.

I'm also toying with the idea of bringing Sandy back into the show for my storyline - the Roscoes may need a mother for their upcoming storylines, and it's not like I have to worry about recasting in fanmade storylines.

I think that's everything for now, but I'll add things when I can and hopefully get this started at some point this year.

Additional: I mentioned in my previous thread that some characters are going to be written out during this fan made era. Well, that is still happening, and I actually wrote then down for myself this time and I found that there are ten characters I plan to write out during the May/June to August section of my version of 2015 (many of which are already gone by now anyway, and yes I planned on writing most of them out back then too), but I have been thinking, and there is a chance that it may upgrade to eleven.

Also, some of the characters that I am writing out ended up getting better by 2016, at least for some, so try to really view it as 2015 when you read it (I hope I don't sound patronising), but at the end of the day it is literally what I would have done at the time (with a few things I didn't think of that I am coming up with now), so I hope you are at least entertained by what I write.

Last edited by MJNSEIFER on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 am 
Garden in bloom
Garden in bloom

Okay, hopefully it's alright for me to post this in another post - the other one was getting long. If this is not allowed, please say (though obviously the episodes themselves will have to be different pages, so I guess it's okay.)

My fan made 2015 episodes are going to start on May 19th 2015. However, it will be treated as though I took over earlier, so May in general is going to be changed, but everything in May before the 19th is going to just have a few changes, such as a minor addition, something no longer happening, or things happening earlier/later that kind of thing, but as of May 19th, they will be my storylines - even if I am at places still doing the storylines that were happening (it will be completely my control by then.)

I don't know if I am going to be able to write every episode as an actual episode - I think I'll alternate between doing that, and just listing out the gist of what happens (but I have the freedom to edit the post, and put a full episode there, when I can.) I shall also post a summary of the episodes before May 19th that have been altered, so you are caught up with things for my storylines.

Additional: I don't think I will be bringing Sandy back, at least not as a main character. Sorry for those who wanted her back. Also, it is now eleven characters who will be written out during May to August (most of them have actually gone now anyway, but three of them haven't.) I had already planned on writing all but one of them out, back then, anyway.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm 
Garden in bloom
Garden in bloom

Here are the things that I need to be sure about, or would at least like to be sure about, before I can really start writing, written in a more readable manner (as opposed to hidden in a wall of text.)

Was Uncle Ken's surname ever revealed? Uncle Ken is the uncle that Robbie Roscoe lied about, but he wasn't a Roscoe - he was Sandy's sister's husband. One of my new characters is related to Uncle Ken.

Were Cameron and Celine a couple during May of 2015 or not? It looks like they weren't but were on the way to being one, but ultimately my fanmade 2015 requires them not to be a couple (sorry to those who liked that paring.)

What businesses were running in Hollyoaks during May in 2015, and who owned them/worked there? This includes The Dog, but I think the Osbornes still had it.

I'm also toying on whether to reveal the characters who will be written out during the May to August era or not (I will do so as a spoiler, so people can ignore it if they want.)

EDIT: Counted wrong, twelve characters are being written out, not eleven (though two of them were "going anyway".)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:49 pm 
Garden in bloom
Garden in bloom

Also, just to reassure you about the characters being written out; most of them are gone now anyway, but the majority of them I actually felt that I would write them out if I took over (even if I liked the characters - it just seemed like time for them to go.)

To reassure you about my new characters; They won't all have links to existing characters (though some will), and they won't all have dark secrets either. I am aware that people here find both those things overdone with new characters.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:12 pm 
Garden in bloom
Garden in bloom

As people don't seem to know the answers to the things I am unsure of, should I just start writing my fictional Hollyoaks storylines, and just go with what I thin, and hope for the best? I mean, there's bound to be the odd little continuity problem when a new Show Runner takes over isn't there (e.g. two characters look like they're getting closer, then suddenly when the Show Runner changes, they suddenly "forget" this)?

I'm sure I can ultimately get away with the things I'm mostly unsure of (a few Google searches will confirm who owned what buildings in 2015, I hope) but I honestly can't find if Uncle Ken had his surname mentioned - shall I just bite the bullet, and make it up?

I'm sorry to sound needy, but please answer if you think I should just take a risk and focus on writing the storylines, rather than trying to get everything accurate? I mean, should I not be too concerned as to how close this is to how Hollyoaks was before I fictionally take over, since this is fanmade anyway?

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FAN FICTION