Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - VIDEOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: old credits
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:01 pm 
Regular
Regular

Post subject: Re: old credits
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:12 pm 
Regular
Regular

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:55 pm 
Regular
Regular

I love the shot of Ben ar 0:22, lol, meeting Izzy's parents

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:40 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

For Oct 2015 they should change the titles and copy and old style.
It makes me miss the outside of Hollyoaks scenes - In chester like they use to film people shopping and show scenes outside the set.

Wonder what the pink cereal was - yellow was banana bongo flakes but can't work out what the pink box was! Big floppy hair = HO tradition , Tony, Rhys, Gilly, Max OB etc haha. Loved Steph/Cameron as a couple. Current HO could do with another OCD storyline. Looking at the closing credits HO had so many likeable characters back then now there is far to many disliked wannabe gangsters!

Note to self - till 1 video I haven't watched on this bit yet :haha:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:02 pm 
Regular
Regular

Yes, I loved the outside scenes, like people shopping and going into the Loft or a shot of the bridge, although a shot of the ducks on the 1997 credits was rather random, in the 2006 credits there are 11 characters who are dead :( and looking at the closing credits of October 2005 there are so many likeable characters - unlike now where there are so many unlikeable - Freddie, Lindsey, Grace (for me anyway) Will and Sinead and Finn soon to return

I would love this old school feel to return for October 2015, that would be amazing, I REALLY don't remember why there was a shark on the opening of the 2005 credits, lol, I love the shot of Andy and Sam on the 2006 set, haha

I hope newer fans watch these credits as they were golden ages of Hollyoaks...just wish there was more different credits available on YouTube

Also, sorry the 1997 and 2005 are part of and a whole episode, I didn't know how to cut it off after the music

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:54 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Glad it wasn't cut off! Some great memories in them. Makes me REALLY miss the old days. You see plenty of characters smiling in old clips - current episodes they are all miserable and only smiling if they have just got revenge on someone :(

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:47 pm 
Regular
Regular

Lots of smirks and sneers - very few happy characters, they must all have EastEnders syndrome

Although older stuff did have the odd dark side it was a lighter show, showing mates having a drink in the old style Dog or going on a night out and GOOD comedy, nowadays the show is a lot darker with an OTT amount of deaths

Even the credits were light and fun - especially the 1997 ones

ha, did you like the clip of Ben at Izzy's parents' house on the 2005 credits? I thought you'd like that bit, made me laugh, that was a good episode, I think Ben and Lisa had just left a couple of months before that

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:01 pm 
Regular
Regular

some more credits from 2000...the episode after Rob Hawthorne's death

Great clip of Mr C's stag do at 0:15, lol, I know you'll appreciate that, Hollyoaks Fan

I like how these credits transitioned into the last couple of scenes from the previous episode to the current episode

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:16 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Ben with the teapot :haha: , Izzy was quite stuck up but they really worked as a couple. Posh girl meets lad next door and it worked well. He wasn't after her money like they would be these days.

Yeah like those titles aswell, the clock is never seen anymore they never film in Chester anymore. Who is it that is picking Mr C up? HD tv etc these days are spoiling us haha.

Which credits do you think they should look at for Oct 2015? or should they base it on the original theme tune etc

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:04 pm 
Regular
Regular

Yeah, i think Izzy was arguing with her parents and Ben just picked up the teapot and cakes, lol,

Yeah I miss the clock but they film in Liverpool now don't they? even though it's meant to be Chester

I think it's just extra that are picking Mr C up, even those 2 seconds are funnier than most scenes these days, love that he had an L plate on his t-shirt, haha, classic Mr C

I would love the old music 1997-2000 to return, even if it's just on the anniversary ep, maybe do it with the characters of today, speaking of the 2000 credits I love how Rob pops up behind Tony, lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - VIDEOS