Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - VIDEOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben/Izzy
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:01 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hollyoaks Fan wrote:
We just need a name now for said kitten...

Oaky?
Bryan?

Lol

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:49 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Knowing HO they would rehash even the kittens name and call it Ste or something or Brendan just to try win back fans lol.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:08 pm 
Regular
Regular

Lol, I love cats but if it was named after the whispering one I would find it hard haha

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:50 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Haha everyone has their limits!

Old Interview-
Ben Davies
played by Marcus Patrick

Firefighter Ben Davies first appeared on our screens in August 2000, and almost instantly fell for Cindy Cunningham. This relationship marked Cindy's departure, as, struggling to prevent her daughter from being taken away by social services, she fled the country. Ben soon turned his attentions to Mandy, even though he Luke wanted her back. Despite his affair with Mandy, Ben proved to be a vital friend to Luke, helping him get over his rape ordeal. However, when Luke found out about Mandy and Ben, he felt devastated and betrayed, leaving the pair to reconsider their future together. Ben soon grew tired of Mandy's impetuous behaviour and reverted to being a 'lad about town'. He continues to have the odd dalliance with the likes Of Ellie and Izzy, but seems perfectly content just to have a good time with the lads, whilst trying to keep his wayward sister, Abby, under control.
What were you doing before Hollyoaks?

I was travelling for just under six months in Brazil; I went there with a couple of mates I was working with in London, who were Brazilian. I was spending the money that I'd earned from my couple of years working as a model and as a barman. I just wanted to get out and do something, and when you're doing that kind of work, it allows you to do that. I wouldn't have been able to do that now, so I'm just glad to have got it out of my system. I just went over there, came back with no money and wondered what I could do. Then I heard about On The Pull.

Tell me about On The Pull

I heard about it on radio and thought that I might as well go along. I've always loved acting and that's what I always wanted to do, I just never thought I'd get the chance. I went up to London the next day and saw the queues as soon as I got out of the train station; I think there were about 20,000 people at the auditions. I was a bit late, so I was right at the back. Eventually, I got in and just through stage after stage and then a hundred of us got asked to come back the next day. I went to that, got through again and then they phoned me the next day and asked me to go to a final audition up in Liverpool. The more it looked like I might have a chance, the more nervous I got. Somehow I got through and ended up getting a part !

You started in the show almost immediately - were you nervous?

When I got the part, they told me that I was starting in about three days' time ! They said that I'd be seeing Cindy and it was a storyline with the baby. It threw me in at the deep end and I was glad of that - I was awful at first and then got a bit better.

After a while, we bought in your dad and your sister. Do you enjoy working as part of a family?

I love the family that we've got. Although there's just three of us, people say to me that it looks like a really solid, friendly family. You've got the Morgan's, who are going through awful troubles; you've got the Cunningham's, who are at each others throats and one of their sons has just died. The Davies are the only family with silly little problems; Abby's getting upset about Lee and more importantly, it looks real and we all get on really well together.

You've had your share of comedy recently, Do you prefer comedy or drama?

Ever since the video [Hollyoaks: Indecent Behaviour] they've [the writers] been giving me more and more comedy to do. Before that, I used to get the same kind of stuff as Gary [Luke]and it was on more of a serious note but I do like doing the odd bit of comedy. The Ben and Izzy storyline in the video was a turning point for Ben and me; I think it brought something out of me that I hadn't showed before. Maybe I wasn't that comfortable before, but ever since the video I've been more comfortable playing Ben. I think I understand him better.

What direction would you like Ben to go in?

I'd like him to get a girlfriend but then again, I love him being the ladies' man that he is. Ben's always been a bit of a loveable rogue and I like that. He needs a mate and he needs a girlfriend, but other than that I'm really happy with him!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:33 pm 
Regular
Regular

I bet he didn't want Ben shot and possibly dead :(

Great interview, I thought Ben was good from his first episode but he did get better and better, I think getting two spin-offs proves they had faith in the actor and character...thanks for posting, HF

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:50 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

They should do another HO: On the pull. If Ben is alive, wonder if he has any contact with his son these days?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:38 am 
Regular
Regular

Ben looks quite different there, he was such a good character, we don't have many lad-about-town characters now, I liked Callum too, Ben's firefighter friend in the top pic

Not sure if you remember but Ben had his son in an episode of Let Loose where they were watching a naked man stand in the sea, lol, random I know

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:13 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Don't remember that but very random! Did they share him in the end then? I thought Ben wanted nothing to do with him/and her.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:33 pm 
Regular
Regular

He decided he did want to be part of Arthur's life - Lisa wasn't very keen on Ben seeing him but relented in the end

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:19 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

That was probably the best way to go. Maybe the mother could have died and Ben has him FT now. How old would he even be?

I miss HO friendships :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - VIDEOS