Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - THE NEWSROOM

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:14 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

FORMER Hollyoaks actress Alice Barlow today planned to launch a singing career on the back of The Voice.

Alice failed to make it through the show’s battle round after going up against partially sighted singer Andrea Begley.

But the 21-year-old, who played Rae Wilson in the Liverpool-filmed soap, insisted there were no hard feelings towards Danny O’Donoghue, who picked Andrea to stay in the show.

She said: "I’m going to try to do my own thing. I’ve got an agent in London and they are contacting management companies.

"When I was at Hollyoaks I wanted to get out there and sing so they’ve all been very supportive.

"I really want to make a go of it and if it doesn’t happen then at least I’ve given it a go."

The ex-soap star admitted she may have had a shot at being saved by rival coach Jessie J if the singer had not ‘stolen’ Matt Henry.

This year judges can steal acts who do not win their battle rounds and, as Will.i.am predicted, Jessie hit the button in a bid to grab him for her team.

Alice, from Cheshire, said: "It’s a shame [that no one hit their button]. I think I may have had a chance if Jessie had not stolen Matt just before me.

"But I was happy with myself. I was glad I was given that song and not another pop song."

The Script frontman Danny was helped in training the two girls by singer Dido and chose Birdy’s People Help The People.

Alice went head-to-head with Andrea in the knowledge only one of them could continue working with the coach in the knockout rounds.

She said: "I get on with Andrea so well, she’s lovely. We would text in rehearsals and I said ‘Why does it have to be a competition, why can’t we both go through?’

"I couldn’t have been paired with a better singer. Her voice is so pure and innocent. I hope she goes far in the competition."

Alice sat down with her long-term boyfriend to watch her performance for the first time on Saturday night.

She said: "I was so nervous. I knew the outcome but it was the first time I’d watched the battle stage.

"The day was a blur so I was really excited about watching it.

"I had so many texts, my friends at Hollyoaks were all saying they were so proud of me and were telling me to keep going."

She said The Voice was a "fantastic" platform and helped her regain some of her confidence to pursue a career in the music industry.

She said: "At my age I’d love to do the charts but if I got a musical theatre audition then I’d still jump at the chance. I’d never rule out musicals because then it’s the best of both worlds."

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... z2THRG2gsW

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - THE NEWSROOM