Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » ACTORS & ACTRESSES

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:14 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Her Hollyoaks character is mouthy madame Mercedes Fisher. But is actress Jennifer Metcalfe just as feisty when she's out on the lash? We hit the bar to find out for ourselves...

Where: PanAm, The Albert Dock, Liverpool

When: Friday, September 3, from 6pm

Q: These strawberry Bellinis are lethal. When was the last time you partied hard?

A couple of weeks ago when I celebrated my birthday early with friends.

Q: What kind of drunk are you?

Not a sad one. I fall asleep or laugh!

Q: OMG, those guys over there are totally eyeing you up!

Are they? I never notice these things!

Q: Really? Must happen all the time. What's it like being a sex symbol?

I don't see myself as one. I slob around at home with spot cream on like everyone else. But when I dress up, I'm sexy. My friends say you get two extremes with me: greasy, scraped-back hair, no make-up and a baggy sweater, or full-on glam.

Q: OK, dish the dirt. Are you playing the field or loved-up at the moment

I'm seeing a guy called Lincoln - he's lovely. We met a few months ago in a club. He's not famous, just an ordinary guy.

Q: Loving the leopard-print jumpsuit BTW. Where's it from?

Miss Selfridge. I used to go for slinky stuff, but now I'm trying out different fashions. If I like it, I wear it. Whether it skims my bum or covers me up, if I feel good in it, I don't give a s**t!
Q: So, which part of your body do you love?

I quite like my boobs. And I've got lovely feet. I look after them and have regular pedicures. It would be great to put my boobs on top of my feet and just walk around!

Q: OK...! Didn't you have liposuction to go from a size 10 to a 6? Does the size-zero thing worry you?

Some of my friends are a zero naturally, and they look great, but I have size-16 friends who look incredible, too. There shouldn't be any pressure to be a certain size. It would be boring if we all had the same body. Everyone can be sexy.

Q: We agree, as long as they're healthy too. Do you exercise?

I once did a pole-dancing class and I thought I'd be good at it because I've got strong legs. But I was rubbish! Afterwards, my body ached all over, but I'd like to give it a go again because it's great exercise. But if you go shopping for three hours, that's the equivalent of 45 minutes of cardio. That'll do!

Q: You've just opened a posh dress hire shop with the other 'Oaks girls. Are you enjoying being a shop girl?

Totally! Claire [Cooper who plays Jackie McQueen] wanted a boutique, but I said that we should have a rail where I put all my old dresses - they're worth about £20,000! So, we came up with the idea of hiring designer dresses out.

Q: Any celeb mates donated one?

Cheryl Cole. She gave us a gorgeous PPQ dress and we've got pictures of her wearing it. We hire it out to girls at £160 a time.

The damage

Strawberry Bellinis drunk: Too many!

Drinks spilt: 1 (hands up, it was us)

Times we had to stop ourselves asking what it's like to snog Ricky Whittle: 4

Bowls of nibbles, erm, nibbled: 2
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/fabulou ... acter.html

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » ACTORS & ACTRESSES