Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Shocking! Hope she doesn't put up with it. :catfight:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:29 pm 
Moderator Level 1
Moderator Level 1

It's such a ridiculous SL. It's almost laughable that they're trying to make him into a big bad violent kind of guy when there is absolutly nothing to him. I think that even little Lucas could take him down with one hit

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:04 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

He's not physically imposing, but someone doesn't have to be imposing to still be dangerous. I can see where his mother's not hitting back, and she feels helpless.
This may or may not be oversharing, but many years ago I had an abusive partner who was nearly half my size. That he was so thin and frail didn't make him any less mean or abusive. He never actually landed a blow on me - I always was able to block his blows, restrain him until he stopped trying to hit me, but that he was trying to hit, and was verbally and emotionally abusive still made my life hell until I got out.
I think the actors are doing a good job with the story.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:53 pm 
Moderator Level 1
Moderator Level 1

McQueen_maniac wrote:
He's not physically imposing, but someone doesn't have to be imposing to still be dangerous. I can see where his mother's not hitting back, and she feels helpless.
This may or may not be oversharing, but many years ago I had an abusive partner who was nearly half my size. That he was so thin and frail didn't make him any less mean or abusive. He never actually landed a blow on me - I always was able to block his blows, restrain him until he stopped trying to hit me, but that he was trying to hit, and was verbally and emotionally abusive still made my life hell until I got out.

I didn't really think of it that way and you are right. I'm glad you managed to get out of that abusive relationship and are alright now.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 pm 
Left for dead
Left for dead

The tunnel accident changed him as she saved Yasmine and no one tried to save him

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:26 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

In his eyes his mum picked Yas over him. That must be heartbreaking but they need to talk it through. He is also having anger issues with James so it isnt just on a family level.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:39 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Chrissy_h wrote:
McQueen_maniac wrote:

I didn't really think of it that way and you are right. I'm glad you managed to get out of that abusive relationship and are alright now.

Thank you. That was a long long time ago.
As for Imran's issues, I can understand why he's so hurt even if he's totally wrong in how he's handling it. If you watch the crash scene, his mother reached past him to help Yas. She did totally choose Yas.
I wish she would tell Imran that she was helping Yas first because she knew Yas needed more help and trusted that he was more capable of getting himself out - which he did. I think if she'd helped Imran first that Yas would've died, so she made the right choice.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:55 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

She should talk to Myra, Myra had to pick which McQueens to save ages ago so Myra could help her.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:07 pm 
Regular
Regular

I'm not sure about this, as Hollyoaks shows zero violence these days can they really effectively portray this difficult plot

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:02 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

RNC80 wrote:
I'm not sure about this, as Hollyoaks shows zero violence these days can they really effectively portray this difficult plot

I agree with what you're saying, and I think if they showed the violence it would be more effective, but I think they can still make it effective by showing the aftermath.
The long gaps in the storytelling are effecting the storytelling, but pacing is an ongoing issue with HO.

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT