Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT

Post subject: Re: The Trial
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:03 am 
Left for dead
Left for dead

Hollyoaks Fan wrote:
I was shocked we didn't see more opinions on things from the village gossips like Myra and Frankie. Shocked Myra didn't attend court too, it would be a day out for her :roll:

Yes and she could report back to Michaela where ever she is the outcome

Shame we still don't know who really killed Amy

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:52 pm 
Regular
Regular

I'm worried we'll never find out

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:03 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

Having now finally seen Trial Week (I TiVoed it), I can say for sure that I wish that they'd at least revealed to us who it was in the final flashback. If they had to pull a stunt like this, and have there be a twist at the end of a week where it "confirmed" that Harry did it, then they should have at least shown us who it was at the end - Hollyoaks needs to know when to end storylines.

I did enjoy Trial Week, but for the wrong reasons, for example, I found James to be comical when he was deliberately being an idiot during Ste's trial (pretending he was unprepared, and that he didn't understand how evidence worked, etc.), but it seems strange that one of the best parts of a murder trial storyline was the comedy aspect. They also, did indeed, make it all about Ste - I can understand some of it being about him (however overused he is) as he is the one on trial, and he is hopefully innocent (because all this sympathy that the show is giving him would look pointless if he was guilty), but they should have balanced it out more, and focused more on Amy. Not to mention the fact that the only other suspect really given the spotlight was Harry (Armstrong coming in at the end, which was admittedly a decent scene in my opinion).

I also think that they have backed themselves into a corner with this Who Dunnit? storyline - none of the subjects seem like 100% good choices to me; Ste would mean that the storyline was basically "Oh, you know that guy that we really want you to feel sorry for, that was about to go down for a crime he didn't commit? Well, he did do it after all." which would beg the question as to why they wanted us to side with him in the first place (any character apart from Ste, and this could have been an okay twist, at best). James still needs to have his own storylines explored (specifically him and Mac), so having it be him would be stupid, because he'd either get a premature exit, or get away with it, at least until his own storylines are done with. Armstrong would be a good choice, but a too obvious one, as he is not only already a villain, but he's not even a main character, so he could easily be written out. Harry (unbelievably) might have been the best of them, simply because it would have been somewhat as a surprise, but he seems too unlikely to me (at least if it had been him, it would have been an accident).

It would be better if it ends up being a surprise suspect, but I'm not sure who it could be (not Leah or Lucas, please - I don't want people accusing Hollyoaks of ripping off EastEnders). It would be good if it's someone who we wouldn't have thought of, but it makes perfect sense when you stop and think about it.

Storyline Page: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17484

News Updates: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17476 UPDATED 25:10:2020

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:10 am 
Regular
Regular

The Trial was a pathetic cop out

To not even find out who killed Amy was inexcusable

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT