Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:44 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Thoughts on having an entire episode with her sl?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 am 
GCSE Student
GCSE Student

Excellent episode. I really enjoyed it. Brilliant acting and writing. Dean dying at the end :cry:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:07 pm 
Left for dead
Left for dead

I do not like Peri but that episode was very well written and done

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:40 am 
Regular
Regular

I suspect Dean died so he didn't have to go on a date with Peri

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:43 pm 
Year 9 Pupil
Year 9 Pupil

RNC80 wrote:

That reminds me of how a criticism of Gilly basically said that the idea of spending any more time of him was so unbearable, that Steph chose to burn...

Storyline Page: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17484

News Updates: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17476 UPDATED 25:10:2020

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:43 pm 
Shop Manager
Shop Manager

RNC80 wrote:

Exactly!

I think it was a very well written episode, but it did very little to redeem Peri in my eyes. She was a spoilt, selfish cow before becoming homeless, and she remained one while being homeless, and is still one now that she's back home with Leela. Any other character would of had at least some character development after going through something so traumatic, not Peri.

Dean and Marley were actually really well written characters, despite the former not having much screen time. Marley is a realistic representation of a homeless teen, especially with how ruthless she is to Peri, and later Leela. I get the impression that Marley is using both Peri and Leela, and will most likely leave once she has enough money to.

Dean was a sweetheart. It's a shame he had to die, but I can see why; his death was the catalyst for everything else that happened.

However, I think the writers missed a trick with this one. They should of had Peri be the one who died. Marley would then work her way into Leela's life as a potential replacement to scam her. They would have nothing to lose, Peri is an immensely dislikable character.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:56 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

The whole Princess nickname fitted her well. I like Harleys character I would like to see her stick around but maybe trouble follows her to Hollyoaks.

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:15 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Aruu wrote:
RNC80 wrote:

Exactly!

I think it was a very well written episode, but it did very little to redeem Peri in my eyes. She was a spoilt, selfish cow before becoming homeless, and she remained one while being homeless, and is still one now that she's back home with Leela. Any other character would of had at least some character development after going through something so traumatic, not Peri.

Dean and Marley were actually really well written characters, despite the former not having much screen time. Marley is a realistic representation of a homeless teen, especially with how ruthless she is to Peri, and later Leela. I get the impression that Marley is using both Peri and Leela, and will most likely leave once she has enough money to.

Dean was a sweetheart. It's a shame he had to die, but I can see why; his death was the catalyst for everything else that happened.

However, I think the writers missed a trick with this one. They should of had Peri be the one who died. Marley would then work her way into Leela's life as a potential replacement to scam her. They would have nothing to lose, Peri is an immensely dislikable character.

I agree with most of what everyone says. It was an excellent episode, but that Peri failed to grow through the experience is appalling.
I thought Dean was really sweet. I vaguely assumed he was gay. It helped that there was no whiff of attraction between him and the girls. It did surprise me a little that Harley is gay, especially since after all that time together Peri didn't know. It is believable that Peri is so self absorbed she never got to know Harley well enough to know.
It would be nice to get some reaction from Tom during all this, considering he's raising Steph. That Peri lives in the same village with Steph and shows no interest in her is surprising. Even if she didn't want to raise her you think there would be moments where she was conflicted or a little curious/sad/wistful about her. At least HO has been consistent in Peri not caring about her.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - E4 CHAT