Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:23 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

Come out come out wherever you are, lol! x

Post subject: Re: Ste Hay Fans
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:23 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Huge fan of Ste what a journey he has been on in Hollyoaks! Love his relationship now with Amy and love his on/off romance with Brendan. Disliked him with Noah and of course disliked him when he was bashing poor Amy and chopping off her hair! Hard to think it is the same guy sometimes!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:55 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

couldnt agree more =o) he's one of the most developed characters in any soap x

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:42 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

It is quite weird how they had only planned to have him in the soap for 7 episodes and now I would say he is one of the most used characters. What has been your fave Ste storyline from over the years?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:22 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

my favourite ste storyline? oh god thats really tough.
BUT im going to go with the abi and daniel saga, i didnt actually see it when it was on but ive been watching on youtube and i think thats when he really stands out as an actor
i also thought him and ash (amy) did an amazing job showing the pressures of being young parents, quite accurate and obviously its not i enjoyed ste beating amy its the fact because you saw his backstory you could almost empathise with it x

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:35 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I am a big Ste fan.
He has had amazing versatility and incredible growth as a character.
I especially love his dark twisted love story with Brendan, but I've enjoyed pretty much everything with the character, with Doug, the abuse story with Amy. His relationship with Noah wasn't very good, but Noah was just a speed bump for Brendan.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:49 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Noah and Ste was just cringe. Liked his early days and Brendan stuff. Also like his scenes with Tony. Can see him working in Tonys new restaurant aswell.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:06 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I have a little question, that relates directly to Ste but is a social issue/legality question.
Ste and Doug had a civil partnership I think, because I think at the time the UK did same sex civil unions not "marriage". But now the UK does marriage equally for same sex and opposite sex. So how does that affect previous civil unions? Did Ste and Doug's civil partnership get redefined as a regular marriage, or would they have to remarry for the different relationship statue? That's something HO isn't likely to get into but I'm just curious how that worked. Hopefully I got all my facts right.
Ste and Doug's wedding was a lot of fun. Poor Doug getting dumped because of his schemes against Brendan was pretty devestating, and then Ste getting hit by the car!
It was very soapy that Doug took advantage of Ste's partial amnesia to smooth over their problems. I'm surprised that Ste let the whole issue go when Doug did confess.
Doug and Ste are sweet together, but I think that Ste loves Brendan much more. There's more passion there. Doug is the kind of man he wants to want, the kind of relationship that's sane and normal and healthy, but Brendan pushes all his buttons, even the ones Ste doesn't want to admit he has. Not the abuse, but Brendan is intense and probably super freaky in the sack. Brendan even talked to Doug about it, how Ste liked Brendan being in control and how Ste was submissive, and Doug looked like he felt pretty inadequate.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:50 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

The Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013, which received Royal Assent on 17 July 2013, but is not yet in full effect, will grant those registered in a civil partnership in England or Wales the ability to convert their partnership into a marriage, with all of the equal rights and responsibilities of civil marriage.
I don't know if it has come into effect yet according to this it will be Summer 2014 - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/same ... ecomes-law
•enable civil partners to convert their partnership to a marriage, if they wish

Glad Ste was hit by the car rather than Little Leah she wouldn't have stood a chance. Emmett summed up Ste/BB and Ste/Doug rather well in one of his DS interviews...although PJ wasn't too happy lol.

What do 'Stendan' and 'Stug' mean to you?
"A digestive biscuit and tea. Two things that shouldn't go together end up making the perfect marriage. That's Stendan. Leave that biscuit in too long, it gets soggy and limp, breaks off and ruins your tea. That's Stug. Stug to me is a wet biscuit that's ruined my f**king tea."

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:10 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Thanks for the info, I was curious on how the legality of the whole partnership vs marriage worked.
Ouch on Emmett's description of Stug as a wet biscuit. I am definitely more of a fan of Stedan, but I like Doug. He got some great scenes in the love triangle, he could look so hurt it would really break your heart.

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS