Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post subject: Re: Ste Hay Fans
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:36 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Just watched Brendan's exit. Gutted. Ste was heartbreaking. I nearly cried when Amy showed up with the kids, which was exactly what Ste needed. I just wished she'd have stayed longer, it's been nice to see Amy even in short visits. Ste being drunk and self destructive, good heavens, taking George's virginity! It feels like a very realistic reaction to what Ste's just gone thru. I'm glad to see that Ste is probably going to continue having major interesting stories without Brendan.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:20 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Certainly an exit which will be debated about in years to come. Some fans happy at the chance of a return and some thinking he should have died and gone out in a blaze of glory.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:18 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

If he Brendan had died, I'd have agreed it was a very good exit.
What I ultimately think of his exit will depend on if BB ever returns.
I did read an interview with Emmett somewhere where he said he might make a limited return someday, such as for Ste's exit. That would be pretty awesome if we got a Stedan happy ending someday - but I'm in no hurry at all for Ste to leave either! It may not be realistic, but I'm hoping BB could return full time someday, or at least a limited run without Ste leaving, much like Warren and Claire's returns.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:44 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I think if one day Cheryl admitted her part in events that would be good. I would find it hard to believe that she could live knowing it was her and not him. However he did admit to various crimes so only a breakout/escape SL would do. Not sure if Ste would up and leave either ...would he leave his kids for Brendan? or take them and crush Amy...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:54 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I can't see where it would help that much if Cheryl did confess, since Brendan confessed to killing Bobby, and his gran, and ...I forget who else Brendan killed. I remember there was at least one other person surely.
Also, wouldn't the bar have had security cameras?
Good point about Ste's kids. Who knows, they might be with Amy, or by then they might have Amy out of the picture, dead or something - although I'd rather Amy come back on the show full time.
I hadn't given the reality of dealing with the kids any thought. Right now where I'm watching Amy has them. Ste and Sinead are dealing with drugs, in way over their heads and Sinead has just got arrested.
Ste is definitely spiraling out of control since Brendan got sent down. It's a believable reaction to everything he's lost and been thru. If the kids were around he might be motivated to do better, but he's definitely not in any shape to be around Leah and Lucas like this. Poor Doug, Ste recently threw in his face that Brendan was the only man he ever loved. Ouch. And it's a wonder the deli ever turns a profit since Ste and Doug skip out on it so often.
And it's been months since Ste and Doug's marriage was referenced. You'd think by now Doug would be ready to file for divorce.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:24 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

It was pretty shocking that Danny and Ste nearly hooked up before Danny figured out he was Ste's father! Only on Hollyoaks!l lol
I look forward to Ste finding out. Danny has had some touching moments, like when JP hit Ste and Danny grabbed Ste, very protectively.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:46 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Even though nothing happened it was still enough to cringe at the thought of what could happen.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:29 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I really love Ste's scenes with Leah and Lucas. Kieren seems to be really good with kids, not all actors can interact with kids so naturally and with so much charm and be so natural. Ste being a father is one of the things that redeems him from his tendency towards doing stupid and self destructive things.
I'm fairly blah on the Stug reunion. It's just so obvious that Ste is only with Doug because he can't have Brendan. I do think Doug really loves Ste, JP does some great acting to show that.
Considering how disasterous Ste's life always is, it's a wonder that Amy feels so comfortable sending the kids to him. Ste's forever either dealing, secretly moving in a killer, getting arrested...it's always something with Ste. He's a mess but he's never boring!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Yeah he has had some cracking SL's over the years. I really miss Amy and guess when it comes to seeing the kids Ste just takes whatever he can get. I do think they should be with Amy full time though rather than Ste.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:49 pm 
Out of date stock
Out of date stock

I'm so excited for Ste and Sinead's baby to arrive, and to see how having the new little one might change the dynamics between Ste and JP, Ste and Sinead, etc.

Basically, I just love Ste regardless.

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS