Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:20 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I love Frankie, really, she's up there among my favorites, but she can be pretty awful at times, which makes her more interesting. There are a few times where she crosses the line and goes a little too far, and she's been pretty much the worst I've ever seen her the last few months of 2012 and early 2013 with Esther. Even when I'm mad at her though I always enjoy her performances.
I've only seen Esther have a little bitty romance with Tilly so far. I know enough to know that Esther and Tilly have a relationship (as two of three lesbians on the show that would be easy enough to predict) and I know Tilly recently left the show. I do follow Hollyoaks on Facebook, so I get a spoiler or two from that, but I'm trying to mostly go forward spoiler free.
I had to work today so my HO marathon was cut short, but I'm watching mid Jan 2013 now, so "only" a year behind now.
I'd like to see Esther be friends with Callum, they're the best of the teens imo.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:49 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I'm in mid to late March 2013 now. Esther's suicide attempt and the fall out has been a really great story overall.
I really enjoyed seeing Sinead pay serious consequences for her actions. Diane has had some of her best material here, as has Sinead. It was shocking to see Diane trying to cover for Sinead, causing me to reconsider what I thought of Diane.
I really hated how Ruby's role has been handled. Only days before this she was still bullying Esther even in her hospital bed, but it seems like someone flipped a switch and Ruby's humanity has been turned back on. I did love that Frankie went off on her and kicked her out, and Diane gave her the same treatment. But Ruby got to run around in the rain for a whole minute before Jack hit her with his car and now everybody can forgive her. Ugh. That was too quick and easy. It makes me sick that Esther has to continue living with Ruby. Frankie says that Ruby will be punished, but we didn't see it happen, at least not so far. What, no tv for a week? She took some kind of sensitivity classes or something at school. Big freaking deal. Ruby is really ruined for me, at least for now. If she paid some real consequences, like Frankie kicking her out of the family, if that had stuck, it would've been better.
While Sinead is the worst of the two, I'm liking her better, at least she's more entertaining to watch, and the actress that plays her is really good. It also helps that Sinead is paying the consequences for her actions, and suffering with her own problems.
Esther has come home now where I am, and Frankie is smothering her with concern. Making up for all the months of ignoring her and not listening to her when she tried to ask for help. I don't have a clue what's next for Esther, but I'm guessing as one of three lesbians on the show she'll probably be getting a relationship with Tilly soon.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:18 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

The bullying SL was done reasonably well. The aftermath sucked imo. They had originally planned on Esther dying from her attempt but changed it last minute which I am grateful for as Esther is a great addition to the Osborne bunch.

Your right about Tilly be interesting to see what you think of them as a couple. Esther is a really nice person and still forgiving considering what Ruby/Sinead out her through. Hollyoaks needs more nice characters/normal like Esther.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:20 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I just watched the episode tonight where Esther delivers Sinead's baby. That's pretty funny.
I'm glad Esther didn't die. I have trouble enough forgiving Sinead and Ruby as it is. But I have to admit that I'm becoming a big Sinead fan, but only recently. After Esther's suicide attempt I think Sinead has gotten much better writing and depth.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:46 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Since Bart left she has got better. Sinbart just didn't work at all.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:44 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Oh God no! I hated Sinbart! Bart worked well with Jasmine/Jason. I loved the relationship Bart had with Jason. Bart was straight and loved Jasmine. Jasmine became Jason and still loved Bart. Bart was still drawn to Jason. It probably wouldn't have worked, because Jason was in the process of becoming more male, and Bart would've been less interested sexually as Jason transitioned, but Bart never completely stopped caring about Jason while he was around. Complicated and unique relationship that was thought provoking.
Then just before Jason left it was like someone flicked a switch and suddenly Bart was in love with Sinead. That relationship never worked. It is interesting to remember that Sinead bullied Jason a little, mostly out of jealousy.
Esther and Tilly are just starting to get together where I'm watching. It's very sweet, and has some very realistic and deep moments, like Tilly reassuring Esther about her scar from the transplant.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:30 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Overly sweet imo Tilly suited Jen better. Haha I am not a fan of Tilly at all.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:56 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Tilly does wear some great outifts sometimes, that's the best thing about her.
She's ok. I don't hate her, but she's not a favorite either. My favorite scene with her was her big fight with Maddie. I do think the relationship with Jen was interesting, but it did seem like it lose steam, or the writers lost interest.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:54 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Guess they had to show it was wrong etc lol.
Tillys style was unique to say the least. I like Lucy Dixon but never liked Tillys character at all. Always expected more from her and it just never came.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:12 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I noticed that when the relationship with Jen and Tilly soured they started dressing Jen much more frumpy and made her look older.
Tilly has grown on me. She's not a favorite by any means, but she's likable enough. I do wish she'd had a chance to have a bigger part in the bullying story. I noticed they kept her away for most of that story, probably because they didn't want Tilly to be part of the bullying, but didn't want her to be there to support Esther either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS