Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:51 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Tilly could had come into her own with the bulying storyline with Esther. In parts she stood upto Maddie but then she would always go back under Maddies spell. I hated the way Maddie always paid for everything aswell like she was buying her friends.

Hopefully Esther can meet someone really nice and someone who she has stuff in common with.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:32 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Is Esther the only lesbian in the village now? Where I'm watching (July 2013), Esther and Tilly are the only lesbians now that Jen is gone. So their pairing is pretty obvious.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:56 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Yeah I think so. Esther knows exactly who she is so would be nice to see a female character that doesn't know and they start out as friends and build things up slowly.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:36 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I do like that Esther being gay is incidental to her character. She never really had a big coming out, I think the Osborns just found out she was gay off screen, and her bullying didn't really have anything to do with her orientation either. Maddie did use a homophobic slur with her at least once, but it wasn't why she was targeted, as the bullies had other gay friends.
HO is pretty good about doing stories with their gay characters that aren't always focused on the gay issue, something American tv and movies don't do nearly so well.
Esther has been really sweet and caring with Nancy during her exile from the family.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:15 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I always keep using the word "nice" when it comes to Esther, she is your normal teenager who just so happens to like females. I hope they explore her mother at some point. We know her father died but never heard about the mother.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:17 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Esther has mentioned that her mother abandoned her when she was very young. It would be pretty neat if her mother showed up, especially if we got to know the character for a bit before we found out she was her mother.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Yeah def a storyline for the future. Be good to see if she got on with Frankie or not or if she made a play for Jack.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:33 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I'd think Frankie would have issues with Esther's mum abandoning her, and then they might be rivals for Esther. Esther's mum with Jack is interesting, but he would be a bit old for her. Tony or Darren would be more in her age range I'd think. But they could do anything with her, she's a complete blank slate.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:41 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Plus looking into why she upped and left. Was she pushed by the father? That would make her and Frankie instantly on different sides. She could appear nice as pie to Esther but is more harm than good.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:07 pm 
Till Operator
Till Operator

Esther is awesome
Is she dies I don't think I will be able to watch anymore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS