Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:13 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Won't say to much but Cheryls exit I wasn't keen on so will be intresting to see what your verdict is. From where your currently upto any characters your not liking?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:24 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I've been super busy this week, but I hope to have a big lazy HO marathon this weekend.
I'm currently watching late November 2012.
As to who I don't like "now", I am really glad that Maddie got a bad end, she had it coming and was just too annoying. Callum's little sister, I forget her name, I generally don't care for her. There was a period where the new kids were just eating the show and I was sick of all of them, but the show picked back up again.
I kind of hate Sinead, but it's mostly that I love to hate her. She's also been a rotten brat with the bullying story, but I do feel a little sorry for her with her pregnancy by Bart, cause you know he's not going to step up. I think the actress is good, but the writers don't always seem sure of what to do with her - like how Bart suddenly stopped being in love with Jasmine and was insta- in love with Sinead, or how Sinead sometimes is a victim who's being manipulated, and other times this nasty mean girl.
George can grate on my nerves some. The whole gay fashionista thing is a tired stereotype, even though there are of course guys like George. He's just an uninspired character compared to how interesting most of the HO characters are, and HO has had some of the most complex and original gay characters I've ever seen, while George is very much the stereotypical gay character, but at least on HO, he's one of several gay characters with varied and distinctly different personalities and not just the non threatening token.
I'm actually not that crazy about Dodger. He's pretty, but I don't find him all that interesting. Even his beauty isn't that interesting, he's too perfect if that makes any sense. For awhile he had this no labels thing going on with Texas, he was very clear he wasn't having a real relationship, then suddenly everyone acts like they are in a relationship without the change playing out. I'd probably like Dodger better if he wasn't on the show so much. He's got a huge story with his family and Texas, and I think his story is bigger than the character can carry. Right now it feels like The Dodger Show.
I am predicting there's some kind of incest vibe going on with Dodger and Sienna. I get that from them. I have no idea if I'm right or not. It could just be inappropriate chemistry from the actors.
I've only just recently gotten to the part where Jim is introduced, and I have liked him so far. He's funny, and a very original and entertaining personality.
I'm also just a few weeks of eps away from John Paul's return! Yay!
I am very spoiled being able to watch new HO eps any time I want in mass quantities. It'll be a shock when I have to start watching new eps in short amounts. I will go back and rewatch favorite eps and stories though, I've already watched some episodes and the whole John Paul edits collection twice already.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Callums little sister was Lacey, I wasn't that keen on her either. Your views are pretty much similar to what most people on the forum have thought at various times on the characters, Dodger has improved quite a bit since then though so shall be interesting to see if you agree or not when you see various bits. I love Jims character but think he is to nice for his own good.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

It's neat for me to read what other fans think here, since as an American I don't know anybody in person that watches. It is cool to know that some people agree with my opinion, since I didn't have much of an idea of what other people thought of things.
The story with Brendan's father and Ste and Brendan finally being a real couple is enjoyable. I can't wait for Papa Brady to inevitably get what's coming to him. I do dread Brendan's exit, but I'm not sure exactly when that is. I'm choosing for now not to look it up so I'll be more surprised.
I was surprised when Rhys died, I didn't know that was coming like that at all. 2013 is going to be traumatic for me to watch with so many of my favorite characters leaving!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:19 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I'm in mid March 2013 now.
The story with Kevin faking the attack is pretty good. It's reasonable that people believe Kevin, given Brendan's past behavior.
When Kevin reported he'd been sexually assaulted, I thought at first that Walker raped him so there would be physical signs of a rape, with a condom to prevent leaving DNA evidence. I think Walker would go that far, but apparently not.
I thought at first that Kevin was gay, as he did make a pass at Brendan, and most straight men wouldn't go that far, especially as his role against Brendan wasn't personal. Then I thought Kevin was into Maxine, but then he seemed happy when she said he was like a brother to her, so I guess he is gay.
Which also makes me wonder about Walker. He had a meltdown after sleeping with Brendan, but that doesn't really prove anything one way or the other. He's never shown genuine intrest in anyone of either gender that I can recall. There's also the idea of the thin line between love and hate. His obsession with Brendan is so all consuming, there's no room for him to have feelings for anyone else anyways. It's interesting though how both Walker and Kevin tried to use sex as a weapon against Brendan, which is his vulnderable spot.
I have enjoyed Brendan and Ste's closer relationship even though I know it's all coming to an end soon. I'm really going to miss Brendan when his story is over.
It is a little odd that Ste and Doug's marriage hasn't been mentioned in ages. Obviously they've separated and are moving on, but by now you'd think somebody would mention getting a divorce, especially once Ste was making the cute little engagement ring with bread dough.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Just watched the eps thru right after Brendan's exit and I wanted to comment while it was all still fresh on my mind.
The whole story has been excellent, everything building to his exit was gripping, with Walker, Seamus, Brendan's volatile relationship with Ste, Brendan really went out with a bang. Every note you'd want to see hit in that story was explored and resolved well I thought. It was shocking that Cheryl was the one who killed Seamus, so Brendan even got some redemption there as he sacrificed his own freedom, his life for all intents and purposes, to save Cheryl. The good bye with Ste was heartbreaking. It'll be hard to ever really believe that Ste will ever love anyone nearly as much as he did Brendan.
Cheryl leaving seemingly happy and at peace in her final scene ....it was too rushed, too soon. It should never have been done right after Brendan went down. There should have been a week or more at least of Cheryl agonizing with guilt and depression over Brendan's fate before she was able to move on. Maybe there just wasn't time with her schedule. I get what they were trying to do I think, Cheryl was honoring Brendan's wishes for her, making his sacrifice mean something that she was going to have the good life he wanted for her. Also, it looks like we're going to get a really heavy story with Ste being self destructive for awhile, so having Cheryl being really devastated long term probably would've gotten heavy.
I'm really going to miss Brendan. He's really moved up to being my favorite character. I hope he returns someday, but if not, either way I'll rewatch his story someday.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Yeah his exit was done really well even though fans don't agree on his exit. hated how Cheryl left though. I think his childhood and relationship with Ste are two great SL that will be talked about in years to come. BB was unique and I think Emmett made the character his own adding the little quirks. I expected to miss BB's character alot but I actually don't miss him as much as I thought I would. I think Trevor has filled that void really well and is again a unique character.

Loved him playing Glen in The Fall and he is quite busy doing various things at the moment, doing something called Breakdown playing Connor Moran.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:14 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I've only seen a little bit of Trevor so far. He certainly seems menacing enough, but hasn't gotten enough development yet for me to have much of an opinion.
Meanwhile the Roscoes have completely swarmed Hollyoaks! I love the mum- I'm familiar with the actress from Footballers Wives, and she's really good. I'm just trying to keep up with which one is which - there are so many of them!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:41 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Do you have a fave? They all start to have different sides to them so hopefully you will tell them apart in time...they all like getting their tops off though they have that in common lol.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:08 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

The one really buff Roscoe brother recently did a brief nude scene (shirtless and a butt shot).
I'm still learning their names and keeping them all straight as to which is which.
I know which ones are Jason and Robbie. I can't remember now if Freddie is the drug pusher or well, the other one whose personality I don't have a grasp on yet. And the buff one (Ziggy?). I still don't know them well enough to have a favorite Roscoe brother. The buff one is the most attractive I think, but they're all handsome.
Love the mum. Sadie? Is that her name? I think she and Myra could make good friends. I loved Sadie from the time she showed up, which helps get me interested in the rest of the family. I am speculating to myself who they'll wind up in relationships with, but I don't have any real strong feelings about that yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS