Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:48 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I think the nun storyline is bringing Carmel down massively. I would love to see how the family would cope if Myra had to go away for a while...without her keeping things calm/together things would fall apart which would make a good storyline I think.

Do you like Bart or Theresas mum?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 pm 
Year 8 Pupil
Year 8 Pupil

We haven't seen Bart's mum. Only Theresa's. Who is of course Kathleen. I don't like her she so bitchy and demanding. She always barches in and ruins things. Theresa settles down and she lets her down and makes Theresa upset all the time. She annoys me. I hate her.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:24 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

She seems to have gone for a while anyhow, can't remember how she left mind you. Do you like Bart?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:47 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

is it just me or have the McQueens family scenes been a bit poor lately? We hardly ever see Carmel or Bart with the family let alone see Theresa with her baby!

Anyone think Barts Dad will arrive at some point?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:28 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Bringing this thread back from the dead.
As you can tell by my name and avatar, I am a huge McQueens fan.
I love most of all of them. It's hard to name just one favorite. John Paul is the one I identify the most with, but Myra and Jacqui are big favorites too. I also love Mercedes and Carmel.
I do like all the others too though. I do like Bart. I really liked his story with Jason a lot. I hated him with Sinead and didn't really believe he ever really loved her.
I love that the McQueens are the underdogs that the town looks down on, it gives them something to fight against.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:48 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

What would be your top 5 McQueen storylines so far?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:25 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Gosh that is kind of hard! I generally enjoy all the McQueen stories.
Niall's Revenge is my all time favorite HO story.
John Paul and Craig
John Paul and Kieron
The fallout of Theresa shooting Calvin and the cover up
Jacqui's rape

But there are so many that it's hard to say. Mercedes faking having HIV, Mercedes desperate schemes to hang onto Riley, Jacqui's relationships with Tony and Rhys...

I haven't seen everything either. Being an American I only discovered HO a couple of years ago. I've watched everything I can find on youtube, but there are still big gaps I haven't seen. I have seen all the JP/Craig and JP/Kieron edits (twice), and everything since April 2010. Before that, it gets a little hit and miss what I've seen, and I've still only watched thru Nov 2012, but I expect to be caught up in a few months. I have "cheated" and watched a little bit ahead here and there when I heard about something I was really excited about and just couldn't wait, like JP's return, Myra's exit ( I HAD to know if she lived or died!), etc. So it's possible something from 2013 will make my favorite 5 once I'm caught up.
And to add a touch of controversy, I liked Kieron better than Craig, even though I always knew that JP loved Craig more. I just thought Craig was too arrogant and insufferable with JP for a lot of their relationship, and he didn't win any points with the way he would never admit he was gay or even bi. It doesn't hurt any that Kieran is more my type lol
I like Craig's character, his flaws make him interesting, I just thought it worth mentioning since I think that Kieron is often forgotten about and underappreciated.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:47 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Yeah at the time there was two fanbases McDeaners and the ones who liked him with Kieron better. Picking 5 is tough as there are sooo many. I liked loads of the relationships. You may not know some of them.

Carmel & Alek - Pefect match
Michaela and Zak - Great duo
Mercedes & Russ - Before Mercy went all selfish crazy bitch lol

They use to be a really fun family, close, always having a good time. Yeah they had their fair few fights etc but these days they are far to bitchy and selfish.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:55 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I only saw a little bit of Carmel with Alek mostly the fallout of the reveal of their secret relationship.
I saw more of Russ and Mercedes and I did like that story especially Mercedes trying hang onto him and hiding her affair with Warren. Classic Mercedes.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:18 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

The McQueens use to be really good and strong but lately they have really slipped and all turned into lying, manipulative, selfish etc people.

Memories...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS