Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:31 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Recently saw where Theresa nearly shot Dodger. Theresa really is pretty quick to get lethal when a man treats her badly. It's an interesting quality, since otherwise she's so cute and bubbly, you'd never think she had it in her.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:24 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

and she still gets away with everything, the cute & innocent look seems to have worked for a long time.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:11 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

It really does!
I recently saw where Carmel addressed this issue with Myra, how everyone covering up for Theresa wasn't helping her, she wasn't maturing. I can understand them not wanting to send wee Theresa to prison, but she needs some anger management classes at least!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:44 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I just think the whole family are huge hypocrits. They turn a blind eye when it suits them and then complain when others do something bad. Its like one rule for them and another for everyone else lol.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:01 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Phoebe just stole Sinead's money - that Sinead had already stolen lol.
John Paul is dating Doug. They seem cute together, and it's nice to see Doug with someone besides Ste, as Ste is way too toxic right now, although I like Ste this way too, he works well as a thuggy low life. Doug and John Paul are a bit too easy though. With them both this nice and no outside forces causing big problems there's not much story there. I expect before too long Doug will get back with Ste.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:36 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I thought I'd mention that Myra recently mentioned having to wear her older brother's hand me downs, which confirms that Myra has a brother. I thought I remembered hearing of him before in passing. I'm not sure if Myra had other siblings besides her brother and Kathleen. I have a general idea that Nana had several kids and never married like Myra.
I figure that Jennifique is probably the daughter of Myra's brother, but she was such a forgettable character I prefer to think she was a more distant cousin. Just because Mercedes calls her a cousin doesn't mean that she has to be a first cousin - much like Bart who was a second cousin to Myra's kids and not a grandchild of Nana.
I am shocked that John Paul told Doug he loved him. I don't believe at all that he really did, but that he wanted to. John Paul bounced back pretty fast, as minutes later he's crushing on Danny.
I find it odd how no one ever asked about baby Matthew's paternity. Carmel commented that the baby looked like John Paul, and Myra told Nana he looked like Niall, before either knew the baby was John Paul's, so it's easy to assume that the McQueen's assume he's John Paul's- an assumption also backed up by the surrogate dumping the baby on the McQueens instead of her tracking down Craig or leaving the baby with the Osbornes. I found it very odd that Frankie was willing to claim the baby as her grandchild without asking about paternity. I vaguely assume that Frankie thinks John Paul is the biological father, but thinks of the baby as being Craig's too since he planned to raise him. It's also very odd that Craig and John Paul were having a baby with a surrogate without telling anyone. At least with Craig I can see where he didn't want the baby, and maybe in the back of his mind was never planning to stick around to raise him anyways. It definitely gives you the impression that John Paul was really not keeping in touch with his family. I imagine that John Paul didn't tell anyone because he knew deep down what a terrible and desperate idea having a baby with Craig was given how rocky their relationship was.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:53 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I always thought they should bring in Myras brother or Barts father as it would add to the family unit. McDeans sunset ending I am in two minds about like that James Sutton/JP is back but think they could have handled the storyline a bit better. I don't think Craig would just walk out on his baby i still think there is another side to what JP has said but guess Guy Burnett has/had no plans on returning so they had to come up with something lol.

According to wiki this is from Myras point of view. Guess they never mentioned the brothers name?

Mother
Marlena McQueen

Half sisters
Kathleen McQueen

Sons
Niall Rafferty
John Paul McQueen

Daughters
Jacqui Ashworth
Mercedes McQueen
Tina Reilly
Carmel Valentine
Michaela McQueen

Grandsons
Max McQueen
Bobby
Matthew McQueen

Granddaughters
Phoebe Jackson (adoptive)

Grandmothers
Queenie McQueen

Aunts
Mary McQueen

Nieces
Theresa McQueen

First cousins
Victor McQueen

Other relatives
Bart McQueen
Kathleen-Angel McQueen
Jennifique McQueen

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:47 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

If Craig ever did return it would be interesting to get his pov on the baby and the break up. It does seem like Craig didn't want the baby from what John Paul said, but it's pretty cold that he doesn't seem to have ever checked up on Matthew. I pretend that Frankie talks to him and filled him in.
I was a little surprised that they didn't have Craig leave John Paul for a woman. I think it's probably a pretty controversal issue as to whether Craig was gay, bi or even straight.
It is difficult to deal with characters once the actors left. Neither Jake, Craig or Debbie showed up for Steph's funeral! Maybe someday Craig will come back for John Paul. I wouldn't hate it, depending on where his story was, but I'm not worried about it. I'd rather John Paul's life continue to develop for the best stories, with new relationships that matter instead of any new man in his life being treated as a place holder for Craig.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:56 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I think since JP came back he has been fairly good but I was a bit annoyed at how he got roped into the families criminal activities and how he didnt find out about Theresa earlier.
Think the McQueens need more males in the family, hope at some point we see another teen character.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

They have Phoebe, who's still a teen.
I did like seeing Bart and John Paul sharing a few scenes. I remember there was a scene when JP returned and Bart gave him a hug, and I was all "Awww." I would've liked John Paul and Bart to share more scenes, as the only two McQueen men, but they didn't interact much more than that.
I'd be all for bringing Bart back, with BB locked up I'm pretty sure Bart is safe to return whenever he wanted.
On a side note, I am enjoying JP's friendship with Nancy, although it's a little sudden as they were never friends before. In fact, Nancy was pretty harsh with John Paul for hurting Sarah and Hannah. I always was a teeny bit disapointed in Nancy for not seeing the bigger picture of how the gay issues put John Paul into difficult situations at least a little bit out of his control. Not saying he didn't have any responsibility, but the closet makes people do things they wouldn't normally do, and I would've liked Nancy to have been more insightful and understanding.
Of course, now they're all BFF and all is forgiven.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS