Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:07 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I am enjoying the Roscoes. My favorite is mum Sandy.
I did catch in a recent episode (June 2013 - recent for me) that Sand said Joe was the oldest. Obviously the twins are the youngest. I think Freddie is probably older than Ziggy, but I'm not definite on that.
I'm iffy at best with new Lindsay so far. She's not terrible, but since she's obviously been brought on to remind Paul of Lindsay, it's a bit too much to actually call her Lindsay too.

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:24 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

My initial impressions were:
Joe - Fave
Ziggy- Lover not a fighter
Freddie - Tool/Hot head
Jason - Sweetie
Robbie- **$%£"£!" lol
Sandy- Ok
Lindsey- Good with Joe

I now like Jason the best out of the bunch, think he and Holly go really well together long term wise. Lindsey I have a love/hate thing with. I don't actually like her and Freddie together. Still like Joe and think he was never given a chance. Robbie is a confusing one, nice guy one minute and foul the next.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:33 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I've only seen Robbie be a jerk so far. He's been sent off to live with his father's sister right now, which does make Sandy's parenting suspect if she ships her kids off to other relatives when they give her too much trouble. Sandy's still my favorite Roscoe though.
I'm not crazy about Lindsay so far.
I like everybody else except Robbie, but when he does return maybe he'll get developed better. It does seem odd that they shipped him off the show so quickly.
Ziggy mostly gets my attention so far for his body.
Joe and Freddie are both interesting to me. If I had to pick a favorite brother right now I'd say Joe, but I may change my mind.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:09 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I think the actor was doing another show around that time thats why they wrote his absence into the storyline. Dating wise, who do you think each Roscoe suits and if any of them are gay which do you think it should be?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:28 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I figured they just wrote Robbie out because he had another work commitment since his exit seemed so abrupt, and I knew he came back at some point.
(Side note, I've been wondering whatever happened to Callum's sister Lacey? She just disappeared. I assume they sent her to live with her dad or off to boarding school and I just missed the detail.)
None of the Roscoes seem particularly likely to be gay. Jason is the most sensitive. Ziggy is "metrosexual" but those are just stereotypes.
For some reason Freddie is the one who shows up on my gaydar, but I can't quite say why. He seems like he'd be Ste's type :) a little Brendan. Ste needs someone else. He's worked his way back into Doug's good graces, but it's pretty obvious that Doug is just his safe bet, and he didn't really want him back until John Paul wanted him. Ste needs a wolf, and Doug is a sweet lamb.
With all the problems Nancy is having with Darren she could use a new man, but I can't see any of the Roscoes being a good match for her - but then Darren was an odd match for her too. I think she could work out with Joe, at least he's mature enough for her.
I know Sinead pairs up with Freddie at some point. I'm not terribly interested in that idea, but I'll reserve judgement.
This is just a wild idea, but I think it would be interesting if Sandy had a past with Trevor and he were the father of one of her sons, or the twins.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:15 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

Yeah offscreen exit they just dropped an odd line in explaining she had left.
Sandy and Trevor would be good...she could easily sort him out after he had been in fights/bullet wounds/stab wounds etc being a nurse.

I thought Sandy only dated this Alan Roscoe but we know the twins have a different father.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:18 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I haven't heard anything about any dad other than Papa Roscoe, but I figured on HO, with that many kids, they wouldn't all have the same dad.
I think Sandy could hold her own against Trevor...or anyone come to think of it. I think they would be a good match, but I think that many new stepsons to keep in line might be too much work for Trevor.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:39 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I think one look would be enough, you don't mess with Trevor lol. At first it seemed it was just Alan Roscoe but then they made ref to the twins having a different father. Can't remember when it came about or how it was said though so guess you will see that at some point.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:56 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Where I'm watching in September 2013 when the truth about Darren cane out Sandy talked about Joe Freddie and Ziggy's dad, that she didn't refer to him as the father of the twins does suggest at that point that they had decided the twins had a different dad. Before that I don't think there was any hint they didn't have the same father.
All the drama with Darren and the Osborne and Rosie families has been great. With all the drama with Frankie I wonder if they might pair Jack up with Sandy. I'm loving all the drama the show is really great right now but its hard to imagine Frankie and Jack split up for good.
I wonder how long time fans liked the reveal about Darren. Since his stepmother was gone for so long I'm not familiar with her. That she hasn't seen Darren in many years I had no loyalty to her or that relationship.
I don't know when I've ever been more shocked when Darren hit Jack. Great acting from everybody.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I don't think finding out Sandy was Darrens mother was needed, they hardly have scenes together or get to know one another properly..unless they plan to have one save the other or give blood at some point in the future. I wasn't keen on it but see why they did it to interlink the Roscoes into the show quicker.

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS