Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:13 pm 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I'm a little surprised that I couldn't find a Mercedes fan club here, so I've started one!
Mercedes is one of my favorite characters. She's a hot mess, her own worst enemy, and always entertaining. I'm an American and I watch on youtube, but I starting watching with the Craig and John Paul edits and then watched everything I could find in order, so I'm only up to late Novemeber 2012 right now.
I recently saw the episodes of Mercedes's trial, which was really great. It's amazing how Mercy pulled herself out of that one, but then she broke my heart when Myra dumped her off at Jacqui's old apartment and wouldn't let her come home. Only Mercy could beat the criminal charges against her by slandering Riley's good name and still end the episode with me feeling sorry for her.
I think after all the affairs Mercy has had the only thing left she could do to shock anybody would be if she had a relationship with a woman. Lots of women don't realize they're gay or bi until later in life, like Meredith Baxter, an American actress who first fell in love with a woman in late middle age, so it's not unrealistic.
I would also believe it if Mercy had DID (multiple personalities). I think she would really rock scenes of mental illness, and would show her range with different personalities.
Anybody else have love for Mercedes?

Founder of the Mercedes McQueen fan club

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:45 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

Am I the only one in the Mercedes fan club? :sadness:
I was disappointed that Mercedes wasn't around for Mitzee's exit. Mitzee left to be with the Costellos, pregnant by Riley and probably going to help Carl raise Bobby. It was really a missed opprotunity not to have one last fight with Mercedes and Mitzee.
I was a little surprised that while Mercedes was kidnapped that Carl called for Bobby to talk to Mercedes. I didn't expect there would be much contact between Mercedes and Bobby.
I'm gutted about Jacqui leaving, but I loved that Mercedes found her and they got to say a proper good bye. Their scenes as always were powerful and touching - I love the relationship between Mercedes and Jacqui.
The scenes with Claire kidnapping Mercedes were really good. I'm really liking the relationship with Paul and Mercedes. They seem like a pretty good match. I know enough of what's to come to know things won't end well, but I'm really enjoying them while they last.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:15 am 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I have a love/hate relationship with Mercedes. I keep thinking she always gets the good storylines and is always on repeat....Money/Men & Manipulation. I have become tired with her several times thinking she should leave but then she always delivers on the SL. She is a great actress and I guess one Hollyoaks wants to keep hold of.

I would like to see her given something new though that doesn't involve Men/Money etc.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:23 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I agree Mercedes does have similar storylines, but she always knocks her performances out of the park.
I still think a lesbian relationship would be interesting for her, but there are other things that could be done with her. If Jacqui were around Mercy could be a surrogate for her, or she could have health problems. But she could do money and men stories forever and I'd still be happy.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:47 pm 
Staff Team
Staff Team

I'd like to see her really fall for someone only to have someone take them away. Have the tables turned on her for once. Or she could date an older nearly dead guy like Cindy did.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:38 am 
Stock controller
Stock controller

I wouldn't want Mercedes to date a rich elderly man, just because Cindy did it, unless they took a different angle with it somehow.
It would serve Mercy right if her man was cheating on her, since she's got such a history of man stealing, and I cant' recall anyone cheating on her.

Board index » THE HOLLYOAKS FORUM » HOLLYOAKS - FANCLUBS